Has anyone seen/have this hamilton?

Thread: Has anyone seen/have this hamilton?

Has anyone seen/have this hamilton?

From the Land Rover site http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Co...erchandise.htm:

Hamilton Chronograph
    From its impressive 1 5/8" (44mm) diameter stainless steel case to the large numbers on the black dial under the scratchproof sapphire crystal, this precision timepiece demands your attention. Classic design with oversized lugs to control the watch's various functions. A clear window on the back reveals the self-winding mechanism of the watch's ETA Valjoux 7750 movement. Water resistant to 330 feet (100 meters). Dark brown leather strap with unique double-prong buckle is debossed with the Land Rover word mark.
    Item Sku: LR8110
    $1,200.00

Does anyone have any more info or (hopefully) better pictures then the single picture they have on the land rover site?

Re: Has anyone seen/have this hamilton?

Looks like a Hamilton Khaki Officer Cronograph. A quick google search will giver you all the pics and info you need.

I have the none chrono version of this watch. I liked it when I bought it, but have worn it very little recently, as the 44mm diameter, and especially the 55mm lug to lug length is just too big for me.

Seems pretty darn expensive!
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

>> It's a beauty! Lovit on that strap!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sendel View Post
    Seems pretty darn expensive!
    It probably is, sadly it contains A: the number one brand of watch I have never owned that I want to own with B: my most favorite of favorite truck brands.... my mother actually pointed it out to me but didn't realize how expensive it was. She teased me with the "Christmas is coming up you know".

She knows every time i visit I am one step closer to swiping a hamilton out of my dad's dresser that's been sitting untouched for probably ten to fifteen years. What she didn't realize is that ALL the watches on that page in the rover catalog are not hamiltons. My new wife however hinted with a "are you sure that's the next watch you want?" so I might have to make a descision on "Is it too expensive for what it is"

It is a Hamilton Khaki Mechanical. No cronograph about it. Manual wind.

H70720644 discontinued, but you can still find them for around 425. I love the watch, but own 2 other Hamiltons and don't need a 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    Looks like a Hamilton Khaki Officer Cronograph. A quick google search will giver you all the pics and info you need.

I have the none chrono version of this watch. I liked it when I bought it, but have worn it very little recently, as the 44mm diameter, and especially the 55mm lug to lug length is just too big for me.

What are you talking about? I see plenty wrist shots here where the watch is too big, but yours ain't one. Looks great.

But if you disagree, I think you should send it to me for 'storage'.

I agree, it doesn't really look too big for you. On my wrist of about 6.75", I thought it was too big though.

The Hamilton on the Land Rover page is this one:

It's a Hamilton Khaki Officer Chrono. I've tried it on and it is big but fits very nicely on my 7" wrist. The MSRP from Hamilton is a bit less than $1200...also, I'm sure you can find it for $850 or so if you look around. Of course then it won't have the Land Rover buckle.

One further note about this watch which might be an issue for some folks: There is no moving seconds hand...you could always choose to run the chronograph constantly though, but the watch will not display the actual seconds of the time.

Thread Information