Have Been Given a Tag Heuer WAB 2010
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Have Been Given a Tag Heuer WAB 2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hi everyone,

My brother has given me his old Tag Heuer WAB 2010 since he's bought a newer, more expensive watch. Now, I:

a) know next to nothing about watches

He just gave it to my mum who then sent it to me; as such it's just the watch without any box or associated paperwork (if there is any for this watch, in any case).

So I'd like a bit of advice, if possible.

1. What is the best way of going about selling this watch? On eBay?
    2. Will not having a box or paperwork significantly reduce its value?
    3. It's in a good condition, save for some minor scratches on the links/clasp.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me.

**mod edit**
    Last edited by novedl; February 16th, 2013 at 19:17.

Re: Have Been Given a Tag Heuer WAB 2010

1) If you can sell it one a private forum (there's a very active selling forum here on WUS) that's better.
    2) Not significantly, but somewhat.
    3) We don't do valuations. Check completed eBay auctions.

Note that if the watch hasn't been serviced in awhile, then that will reduce its value significantly since the new buyer will need to pony up hundreds of dollars almost immediately.

People always like to see a box and papers, especially so when buying things from unknown Sellers on the internet as it can help to provide proof that the item is genuine. There are a lot of fake Tags out there....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info. Is there any way of checking easily if it's been recently serviced, or if it needs to be serviced without taking it to a professional?

Have Been Given a Tag Heuer WAB 2010

Hard to check if it's been serviced without asking your brother directly. Is there a reason you want to sell it? Will your brother be disappointed if you do since it was a gift? Best way to get an idea of what it's worth is to check for recent "sold" postings on the sales forum here or start watching a few of these on the bay to see what the end price is

Well, I did say in the initial post but it got edited out (so don't know if this is OK to say). I just need the money; he only gave it to me because he bought a new one and is very wealthy so doesn't need the money himself.

I ask since Likestheshiny gave me the impression that if it hadn't been serviced (even if it didn't need it?) then its value would massively depreciate. I'll check out the sales forum on here now to try to get an idea of value, and so on. Thanks for the help.

1. What is the best way of going about selling this watch? On eBay? You can try the sales corner here or on ebay
    2. Will not having a box or paperwork significantly reduce its value? Yes, people prefer to have as much of the original things as possible and are willing to pay more for them.
    3. It's in a good condition, save for some minor scratches on the links/clasp. I would check ebay's completed listings as well as the sales corner here to get an idea on value.

Do what works best for you, but your brother could have wrote you a check if he wanted to, but he gave you a watch. I'd keep it and wear it if I were you. Then you have a nice watch, that also has sentimental meaning.
    RBrylawski and Pyroxene like this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    Do what works best for you, but your brother could have wrote you a check if he wanted to, but he gave you a watch. I'd keep it and wear it if I were you. Then you have a nice watch, that also has sentimental meaning.
    This...

The WAB2010 is a few years old, it might need or will need a service.

They goes for $650-850 in good condition, packaging is always nice to have but I personally doesn't mind(it's not a Comex Sub :))

If my brother sent me a watch, even one much less expensive, I'd treasure it. We can't hope to know the relationship you have with your brother, but man I'd suggest you sell something else if you need money and treasure a nice watch given to you by your brother.
    Alex De Large likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information