Having a hard time deciding: Damasko DK10 or Breitling EVO
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Having a hard time deciding: Damasko DK10 or Breitling EVO

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Per the title, Iím struggling with this decision. Figured Iíd solicit opinions and see where it leads. As always, thanks in advance for your input....and apologies for the long-ass post.

Brief backstory: currently consolidating and need an everyday banger. No double-duty or versatility required. Iím looking for the watch I donít have to think about when I toss on shorts and a tee and that brief walk to the mailbox somehow morphs into a trip to Home Depot and an all-day landscaping ordeal.

The meat and potatoes of my conundrum: the Damasko DK10 is nearly perfect. Itís everything Iím looking for....but while I like the aesthetics, I donít love the aesthetics. Itís just a wee-bit bland (of all the Damasko options, itís the color/dial combo I like best). Honestly, if it simply had applied markers (or anything to add some visual interest/depth) this would be a done deal. A petty gripe to be sure, but thatís my hesitation.

The Breitling Aerospace Evo is a watch that has always intrigued me. Itís got a cool factor that tickles my berries something fierce, and I love the aesthetics. My concern? That the titanium is gonna get jacked-up. Yeah, I know....itís a tool, donít sweat it. However, I have OCD tendencies (yes, professionally diagnosed...so donít nobody need to get riled-up by the reference). Folks say the watch is durable, but I canít find much info on what Breitling does with their titanium. Is it exceptionally durable....or even remotely comparable to Damakoís steel?

So thatís where Iím at....paralyzed with indecision. Any thoughts that might tip the scale? For what itís worth, Iím not really looking for alternatives here. While I like Sinn, nothing they offer appeals to me more than either of these.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

The two contenders (bracelet/strap yet to be determined):
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Having a hard time deciding: Damasko DK10 or Breitling EVO

Even though you clearly prefer the Breitling I’d get the tough as old boots Damasko so you weren’t worrying about marking it while it was on your wrist.
    Zeroedout and Ragl like this.

I had the Damasko, it had a loud rotor but other than that was about perfect. I prefer it above that Breitling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Zeroedout likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't care for hybrid watches personally. It would be the Damasko for me, all day and every day.
    Zeroedout likes this.
    "Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late." -Ben Franklin
    Damasko | Hamilton | Longines | Mido | Orient | Oris | Rolex | Timex

I have had a coupe of Damasko's and still have some Breitlings.

The Damasko's are awesome watches. Super tuff, super tooly, well built. But for me after a while, the tool watch look wore off.

The Breitlings were far easier to dress up or down and the Evo is a cool watch. Either is a excellent choice, IMHO. No wrong watch.

Both are not going to be seen often, so get what more appeals to you and enjoy it.

Good luck
    Zeroedout likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

The aerospace is the best set it and forget it watch of the two. My breitling quartz watches are only off by a couple of seconds a year with the oldest being over 10 years (airwolf) and every bit as accurate as when I first got it. If you need visibility of the LCD display outside I'd recommend testing that outdoors first but the analog display should be easily readable in or outdoors.

I don't know about how well the case material will hold up as I don't own a breitling titanium but I'd bet sinn would win in that department. The one con about the aerospace is the battery change but not unusual to get 4-5 years of runtime on a battery.
    Zeroedout likes this.
    a - b = sissy watch

Where
    a = watch
    b = pushers

Be mindful of replacement straps.
    Zeroedout likes this.

I appreciate the replies so far. Had a feeling public opinion might lean toward the Damasko. Like Nokie said, I’m just concerned I’ll grow tired of the look. My ultimate goal right now is to reboot the entire collection. I’d like to settle on 3-4 purpose-driven watches with long-term staying power. Without even realizing it, I’ve somehow turned into a perpetual flipper over the past few years.....and I need to stop the bleeding for a bit.

If nothing else, this thread illustrates the “Heart vs Head” dilemma I’m facing. Lol....unfortunately, I’ve been burned following both in the past. The Damasko makes sense, the Breitling turns me on. “Old Me” would want both. “New Me” has to choose just one. Crap.

Anyway, appreciate you guys lettin’ me talk this through. I’m sure the forum will lead me to the right decision.....but I’ll probably make a lot of worthless noise getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Be mindful of replacement straps.
    Unless I’m missing something, they’re both 22mm? Is there an issue fitting one of them?

Iím a HUGE Breitling guy, but this might be the rare time I go against them. I think ani/digital watches are horrendous.

That said, the Damasko is boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zeroedout likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information