Having a little fun: Rolex Explorer II with Pepsi bezel and Jubilee bracelet
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Having a little fun: Rolex Explorer II with Pepsi bezel and Jubilee bracelet

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Having a little fun: Rolex Explorer II with Pepsi bezel and Jubilee bracelet

You can file this Rolex Explorer II under Frankenwatch, but I’m just having a little Friday fun with my homage to the GMT-Master 6542 “Albino”. Don’t worry, I still have the original parts.

Swapped my Oyster for a Jubilee and simply laid an aftermarket Pepsi bezel on top.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by deweyfong; May 3rd, 2019 at 21:16.

Re: Having a little fun: Rolex Explorer II with Pepsi bezel and Jubilee bracelet

Polar dial with GMT bezel looks AMAZING. THINK ABOUT IT ROLEX!!!
    deweyfong likes this.

Re: Having a little fun: Rolex Explorer II with Pepsi bezel and Jubilee bracelet

Nicely done. I'm a 45-year Rolex wearer who finally gave all the Rolex to my kids and now wear other brands. My first Rolex was a rootbeer GMT bought in '74, and I gave two EXP2's to sons, so I'm familiar with the various models. I like the white dial and pepsi bezel so much that I modified a Vostok 710 case to create the look.

Recently, MKII produced a run of Key Wests with the pepsi bezel and choice of black or white dial. One look I was curious about was an EXP2 with polished bezel-- the std EXP2 bezel but polished. I used to lust after a Daytona for its' styling, but I never wanted to tie up that much money in a watch that would never be a do everything/beater, like an EXP2, Sub or GMT.
    deweyfong and Simon like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by slcbbrown View Post
    Nicely done. I'm a 45-year Rolex wearer who finally gave all the Rolex to my kids and now wear other brands. My first Rolex was a rootbeer GMT bought in '74, and I gave two EXP2's to sons, so I'm familiar with the various models. I like the white dial and pepsi bezel so much that I modified a Vostok 710 case to create the look.

Recently, MKII produced a run of Key Wests with the pepsi bezel and choice of black or white dial. One look I was curious about was an EXP2 with polished bezel-- the std EXP2 bezel but polished. I used to lust after a Daytona for its' styling, but I never wanted to tie up that much money in a watch that would never be a do everything/beater, like an EXP2, Sub or GMT.
    Your kids are lucky to have a father to pass down your Rolexes. And I'm glad you're still having fun with watches. But I agree too, white dials and pepsi bezels are striking.

I like this a lot!

deweyfong likes this.
    Rolex Datejust / Frederique Constant Peking to Paris chrono / Oris Divers 65 / Citizen Signature Grand Classic / Orient Star GMT / Movado Museum / Seiko Stargate / HMT Pilot / Luminox 1820

deweyfong likes this.

Well done
    deweyfong likes this.

Not bad!
    deweyfong likes this.

The Pepsi GMT bezel adds a nice visual interest to the white dial. Nicely done!
    deweyfong likes this.

That looks amazing! Strong work sir.
    deweyfong likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information