Having Trouble Choosing a Milgauss
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Having Trouble Choosing a Milgauss

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Having Trouble Choosing a Milgauss

So, I've been thinking a lot about the Milgauss being my next purchase (also considering the GS Snowflake but that's for another thread). I have handled and tried the new Z Blue, White Dial, and Black Dial GV. I liked the Z Blue but didn't care much for the White or Black GV. I have only seen internet photos of the Black NON-GV and I really like the looks of it. All of the orange matches on the dial and I think it looks the most balanced and classic of the lot. With the Z Blue, I like that it is different; it has a lot going on with it but it looks balanced enough. I thought it looked really good in person. So, I'm kind of torn between the Z Blue and the possibility of pulling the trigger on the Black NON-GV (sight unseen).

I know it is up to me and I should buy what I like etc... The fact is, I like both of these watches and would like to get some feedback from you guys and gals. Thanks!

(photos are from the internet)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by RangerUp; July 31st, 2014 at 15:02. Reason: made change by correcting LV with GV

Re: Having Trouble Choosing a Milgauss

The Milgauss was a tough one for me. I think the non-LV black looks vintage in a way and for reference I THINK I read it was being discontinued.

I ended up with the white one since I didn't have a white dial Rolex and I liked the white and orange. Had the Z Blue been out I would have gotten it, I am pretty sure. In fact I am thinking about getting one later this year and then seeing if I want to keep or sale the "redundant" white one. Personally, I would get the blue one since it is my favorite it has all the quirky-ness I like about the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    The Milgauss was a tough one for me. I think the non-LV black looks vintage in a way and for reference I THINK I read it was being discontinued.

I ended up with the white one since I didn't have a white dial Rolex and I liked the white and orange. Had the Z Blue been out I would have gotten it, I am pretty sure. In fact I am thinking about getting one later this year and then seeing if I want to keep or sale the "redundant" white one. Personally, I would get the blue one since it is my favorite it has all the quirky-ness I like about the watch.
    Thanks a lot for the feedback! I already have a Polar Explorer II, so the white dial would be redundant for me...actually, I like all of the Milgauss offerings...I just happen to like these two a bit more than the others.

Yes, the black non-GV is discontinued. I agree that black non-GV does look vintage in a way, especially with the matte black dial...that is one of the things I like about it. I also like the quirky-ness of the blue. It is a tough choice and I may end up with both at some point.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by RangerUp; July 31st, 2014 at 15:03. Reason: replaced LV with the correct GV

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Snowflake > non-LV black > blue > white

Definitely try on a millgauss before u buy. They are case heavy. If you have small wrists the top wright may be an issue. The standard black is definitely going away. I have not seen the blue yet.

I prefer the non-LV Black, it looks better to my eye and it is also less common, which may be a plus. I believe that model is going to be discontinued, so if you want one you'll have to do some digging. I think the blue, while the sunburst dial itself is rather nice, has too much going on - too many colors- and it seems distracting. Plus I'd rather have the orange plots by the hour markers than the arabic numerals.
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Savile Row suit." -- Ian Fleming

I'd love to see the blue in the flesh. If it looks as good in real life then that would be my pick.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Black and blue are boring, go with the wild one

^^^ this is by far my artsy-est photography lol
    emaja, 228523 and Seagull S6 like this.

Awesome pics.

The white looks more "electric", but I'd go with the Blue. Black seems too bland for the wild child of Rolex.
    ------------------------------
    Good Dealings: editor9, iam7head, MrH42, curt941, nin9919, twjohnso, gr8sw, ryasja2009, Twistoff, JordanR, chili16, Captain Beefheart, litbruin, silveradosilver, iceman66, jatherly, husonfirst, Timecat, dothedo, PeekPoke, ingmar

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information