Heads Up: Bremont on UK TV...

Thread: Heads Up: Bremont on UK TV...

Heads Up: Bremont on UK TV...

...there's a programme on Channel 4 at 9pm about the Jaguar E-type which will have some content about the companion Bremont watch. Hopefully, they won't be making any claims about where the movement is made...

Banned

Re: Heads Up: Bremont on UK TV...

Quote Originally Posted by anaplian View Post
    ...there's a programme on Channel 4 at 9pm about the Jaguar E-type which will have some content about the companion Bremont watch. Hopefully, they won't be making any claims about where the movement is made...
    bremont thinks they have something going on, specially after kingsman... after seeing that movie, if i'd owned a bremont, i would've sold it...

I think Bremont has a lot going for them just from their case design, which from what is described is a true piece of engineering. It's too bad they flubbed on the movement queries. To be fair though, their answer to that question is more transparent than a lot of companies. Bremont to me is a lot like Lotus (cars). The engine may not be impressive, but the case the engine is in is.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The programme had 30 seconds on Bremont. They were described as an "English watchmaker" and they showed a shot of a bunch of folks busy seemingly assembling movements. A little disingenuous to be honest IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by anaplian View Post
    The programme had 30 seconds on Bremont. They were described as an "English watchmaker" and they showed a shot of a bunch of folks busy seemingly assembling movements. A little disingenuous to be honest IMO.
    To be fair to Bremont I doubt they had too much control over how they were described/shown. I also doubt the general public would pick up on it and go buy a watch assuming that they were fully assembled in England based on the 30 seconds they saw.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

I feel like I am missing something here, whats the controversy?

Bremont makes some very nice watches. Loved the look of their Basel World pieces this year.

Quote Originally Posted by benjib View Post
    I feel like I am missing something here, whats the controversy?

Bremont makes some very nice watches. Loved the look of their Basel World pieces this year.
    Bremont didn't come out and say they didn't make their own movements. They couched it in verbiage like a politician (they assemble and finish/tweak kit movements) and a lot of nuts started making a big fuss about it. Personally I think it should have been obvious a small brand like Bremont who spent a lot of R&D on their case could not sell watches in the 4-8k USD range unless they got movements from elsewhere. But the watch nuts among us who can't see beyond a movement of the watch made a big fuss and they had to backtrack.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |

Thread Information