HEAVY SLEEPER NEEDS A BUZZ, STRONG VIBRATING ALARM RECOMMENDATIONS!!!
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: HEAVY SLEEPER NEEDS A BUZZ, STRONG VIBRATING ALARM RECOMMENDATIONS!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HEAVY SLEEPER NEEDS A BUZZ, STRONG VIBRATING ALARM RECOMMENDATIONS!!!

I'm a heavy sleeper married to a schoolteacher who needs all the sleep she can get, so as not to wake her up, I've recently started looking at watches with vibrating alarms to allow me to wake up without bothering her. I've lurked around here on the forum and have seen quite a few of the casio G vs Timex Expedition comparisons, but noticed that quite a few of them were done some time ago. I'm looking for a strong vibration, a tough watch, possibly some options as far as band's go(possibly replacing the plastic/molded band with a NATO band). Also, being an ADHD/Aspergers case, the vibration alarm will come in EXTRA handy throughout the day, and, as always, the less expensive, the better(we ALL know how often those qualities align ! Any and all recommendations/opinions are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
    TJ Boogie likes this.

Re: HEAVY SLEEPER NEEDS A BUZZ, STRONG VIBRATING ALARM RECOMMENDATIONS!!!

Hm. Would a smartwatch or a fitness tracker be an option? Because they have vibro-alarms.
    NTH Santa Cruz
    Undone Speedy
    San Martin "Radiomir"(Damascus, Bronze, Steel)
    + always on wrist: Fitbit Inspire HR

Try the fit bit tracker 2. It's 100 bucks and it can be worn for several days without charging and has a great vibrating alarm on the wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    chuasam likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wear a FitBit Alta on my right wrist, with my good watches in rotation on my left. The Alta is quite thin and looks like a bracelet, has a vibrating alarm and, the best bit, you can turn the clock display off, so you really are only wearing one watch. Oh, and it tracks your activity too...

You could get a vintage watch with a mechanical hand-wound alarm movement like the AS 1475. Or a Soviet clone thereof, these things can be bought for something like 40-50 bucks on eBay, and would wake up a dead man with that alarm (word of advice: never try using a Russian mechanical alarm clock- waking up to that can result in trauma).
    There's also the Vulcain Cricket, which enjoys a great reputation, regardless of whether vintage (which should be way cheaper than a new Cricket, as there isn't much of a hype for them) or contemporary.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mkws View Post
    You could get a vintage watch with a mechanical hand-wound alarm movement like the AS 1475. Or a Soviet clone thereof, these things can be bought for something like 40-50 bucks on eBay, and would wake up a dead man with that alarm (word of advice: never try using a Russian mechanical alarm clock- waking up to that can result in trauma).
    There's also the Vulcain Cricket, which enjoys a great reputation, regardless of whether vintage (which should be way cheaper than a new Cricket, as there isn't much of a hype for them) or contemporary.
    The OP wants a silent vibrating alarm so as to not wake his wife.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 3051
Size:  532.3 KB
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
    The OP wants a silent vibrating alarm so as to not wake his wife.
    If on the wrist, a mechanical alarm isn't all that loud, since it's essentially a "hammer" hitting a pin protruding from the case back. So while on the wrist, the sound is muffled. Only left on the night stand, it resonates like hell, and if it's above a drawer- now that's going to be loud... For that matter, a vibrating alarm left on the night stand, and not on the wrist (unless someone's sleeping while wearing a watch, which is rarely the case- dunno how is it in this case), will make a pretty noticeable noise all the same.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

One problem I can forsee with that system Dbakiva is that D and F might wake his wife.

I've looked at fitbits and the such, but they seem to have a reputation for having weak vibration. Don't really know much about the mechanical watch mentioned, but I'd be okay as long as the vibration was strong while on my wrist.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information