Hello

Thread: Hello

Cool Hello

Hello everybody i am new to the group and am new to vintage wristwatches. I jsut thought i would introduce myself. I am looking to invest in a (lower priced) wristwatch that also has antique value and dont know what brand to begin with or what year/era. Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks, Dan e-mail: westphalia1 AT yahoo DOT com

Re: Hello

Welcome!

First off, your gonna have a hell of a time investing in a wristwatch if this economy keeps up (or down..) Your better off finding one you like to wear, and enjoying it. unless you plan on holding it for years and years and years, i doubt youll make profit easily, or as easily as back in the day.

I have a few vintages, I love my Atlantic, Longines, & Adriatica the best. And looking for a vintage Vulcain right now.

Banned

Hi and welcome!
    What is "lower priced" for you?
    Omega, Rolex, well, any of the more known brands.
    Just do not expect any great increases in the value. The purchase cost plus servicing/repair brings the total cost to more that the value. Do not treat watch collecting as an investment, do it for the joy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by westphalia1 View Post
    Hello everybody i am new to the group and am new to vintage wristwatches. I jsut thought i would introduce myself. I am looking to invest in a (lower priced) wristwatch that also has antique value and dont know what brand to begin with or what year/era. Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks, Dan e-mail: westphalia1 AT yahoo DOT com
    Lower price with antique value ? Would you mind to explain. You can start with low budget vintage Junghans, Kienzle, Stowa of the 60ties, you can fetch those on the bay for about 50 to 60 Euro. But how to define antique value ? You may go for rare movements, for example Valjoux 72, 23, 92 but they are not in a low price range but for sure do have an antique value. So please define what your are ready to invest.

G'day mate, welcome to the forum and good luck with your hunt.

Thread Information