Hello all, looking for a new everyday watch!
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Hello all, looking for a new everyday watch!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Hello all, looking for a new everyday watch!

Hello, i just now decided to join this forum (i've been following it for quite some time now). Finally been getting into making my watch collection; however, i've been looking for a good everyday watch that is easy to read, not too big, looks decent, etc. Seems All of those are hard to find together in a watch lol. I'm going into the medical field, and need a watch that i can read very easy, and fast.

Upon searching and searching for a good watch, i came across a brand named "Calibre". I tried doing some research on the company (not a model for another manufacture), but had no luck what-so-ever. The model number is "Calibre Men's SC-4T1-04-001SC" Says its swiss quartz (but a lot of knock-offs state the same), after some more searching i found out its basically a re-badge of this "Swiss Military Calibre Men's 06-4T1-13-007" (different color). Any thoughts? Also, before getting flamed, i DID a lot of searching through this forum as well.

The main watches i've had my eyes on are: Skagen 233XLTTN, the Calibre watch (very iffy on the brand), been eyeing some Seiko Solar watches, but havent really found one that would be easy to read, and some other Seiko watches (heard great things about them), and a Timex T49875 Expedition. Those are the watches that i came across that look durable, easy to read (with a lum display), including the minutes marks.

Any input, and opinions would be great! Thanks. :)

Re: Hello all, looking for a new everyday watch!

Welcome and enjoy it here,as for the watches,nothing beats the speedy pro (LOL)

Anyway,Seiko and Timex are well respected here,and you can't go wrong with either brand
    movet22 likes this.

I would go in the direction of Seiko if possible because they are pretty darn good - have another look at them just in case you have missed something. It's worth a second look IMHO as they are so impressive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is there any specific reasons why Seiko's are looked upon so greatly? Personal experiences, factual stuff, opinions, etc?

The model I really like the Solar series with the nylon strap, the issue with it is it doesn't have the minute marks in between the hours (12, 6, 9...). The mode is SNE239. It looks amazing! Also another little thing I've noticed is the fact they run much thicker than the Skagen watches (the model I mentioned is only 5mm thick!) Is that just a marketing gimmick from Skagen though?

Also to mention, the Seiko 5 Automatic watch has to be the best looking watch I've ever seen. The automatic feature would be great, but I've read they aren't good for the medical field :/ unfortunately. I've been drooling over that watch for about a week now lol.

I just started getting into watches, so I'm not too familiar with what's good and what's not, lol. The Citizen Eco Drive watch looked pretty cool as well for the price.

If you guys have any recommendations, they are more than welcome. :) thanks for the replied, btw. I'm already liking the sarcasm going on xD haha
    Last edited by stratax; October 21st, 2013 at 20:13.

I don't owns a Seiko (don't tell anyone on WUS that) but their reputation both generally and here on WUS is such that I would have no hesitation over buying one. I've taken quite a shine to a solar diver and have given no thought to the quality of the internals because it's a Seiko.

Quote Originally Posted by stratax View Post
    Is there any specific reasons why Seiko's are looked upon so greatly? Personal experiences, factual stuff, opinions, etc?

The model I really like the Solar series with the nylon strap, the issue with it is it doesn't have the minute marks in between the hours (12, 6, 9...). The mode is SNE239. It looks amazing! Also another little thing I've noticed is the fact they run much thicker than the Skagen watches (the model I mentioned is only 5mm thick!) Is that just a marketing gimmick from Skagen though?
    Maybe the citizen BM8475-26E will suit you.

Citizen Men's BM8475-26E "Eco-Drive" Stainless Steel and Synthetic Leather Strap Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

Well,I can only comment on my only Seiko (SBDX011),they offer good value for money and the finish is excellent

Another thing that I like about Seiko is the public perception that it is a cheap watch,so you feel safe,even if you're lost in the seedy part of town...

My friend has the Seiko5 SNK80x in green (forgot the last digit of the code) and for $60-80,you honestly cannot go wrong with this model

For Skagen,I've never tried them so I cannot comment or give any recommendations,but their watch is very thin,and I like the watch that I can feel on my wrist...and from what I heard,once the mesh bracelet broke,it's difficult to get a replacement strap

I've never owned a Seiko.....But too many people here say too many good things about them.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Another thing,Seiko is my only watch that I bought without even seeing it in person nor trying it on my wrist (tried the quartz version)

I have owned several seikos and the price to value ratio is good. They have also been battle tested and proven as reliable watches. Even Norman Schwarzkopf wore a seiko quartz while he was a commanding officer.
    "It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
    -j. steinbeck

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information