I am new to this forum, but have found it whilst researching whether a Breitling Navitimer Jupiter Pilot is a genuine item or a fake.
From what I can see it does look genuine, and having looked at the article on this site on the Jupiter, I am a little puzzled -
1. The one I have found appears to have all the papers, but I guess these can be forged?
2. Was the Jupiter available with black face and black sub-dials?
3. Did the sweep hand have a red tip?
4. Did the hour and minute hands have blue ends at the centre
5. Where the hour and minute hands divided into 3 sub-segments? They appear to be luminous segments.
6. On the face, under Breitling it states 1884, but the seller says the year of manufacture is 1980 but from what I can find, this did not feature until 1990/91. The 1988 Jupiter only has Breitling and no date
Before I buy a fake or the wrong thing, any advice woudl be hugely appreciated.