Hello from New Jersey
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hello from New Jersey

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hello from New Jersey

Just wanted to say hello.

I got into watch collecting when I met and started dating the woman who is now my wife. We have gone on nine cruises together, from which I have gotten most of my watches. I have no pictures or specific watch models, but I do know that I have a Bulova which shows the mechanism that I bought in St. Maarten; an Invicta bought on a ship (both of which my wife put in the safe deposit box at her bank); a Michael Kors Unlisted watch she bought me for my birthday last year; and several cheap Cruise Club watches. Years ago I had a Hamilton handed down to me from my grandfather but it was a manual watch that stopped working.

It's obvious that I know next to nothing about fine watches except that they tell time and look good. I've been looking at some watch collector You Tube videos, but my take is that a lot of them are snobs who look down on you if you buy one at a mall, or if you spend less than several thousand dollars on a watch. I've had my eye lately on watches by Diesel and Citizen.

I joined WUS for good advice and conversation about watches.

Jim

Re: Hello from New Jersey

Welcome Jim. There's a huge world of watches out there and something for everyone. Hope you hang around and share what you have/like.

BTW, do you still have that old Hamilton around? Family pieces like that are the best.

Welcome Jim.

Visit here at the risk of cultivating an interest in watches you cannot or should not afford, and plenty of good ones that you can.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero .. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub 106, Muhle Glashutte Rasmus blue

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for the welcome, rfortson. Never been to Houston except in 2016 when my wife and I changed planes at IAH (George Bush Intercontinental Airport) to honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta, which was unbearably humid. I no longer have that Hamilton, which saddens me.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JLT0810 View Post
    Thank you for the welcome, rfortson. Never been to Houston except in 2016 when my wife and I changed planes at IAH (George Bush Intercontinental Airport) to honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta, which was unbearably humid. I no longer have that Hamilton, which saddens me.

Jim
    Houston - come for the humidity, stay for the mosquitos (or floods). Actually, I like it here. People are friendly, I'm from the south so the weather doesn't bother me, and the diversity keeps it interesting. But don't tell anyone. We have enough here already.

Good morning, Gary!

Thank you for the welcome. I remember that the shopping guide on the Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas this year, showed me his Hublot watch and told me it cost $7,000. I looked at him and said, "eep!" If I was in full Jetsons mode I would've made like Jet Screamer and added opp! ork! aah ah! but fortunately was too stunned to. I nearly bought a $550.00 Philip Stein in Jamaica, but opted to get my wife a korite ammolite pendant. Happy wife, happy life.

Jim

Welcome to the fun factory Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Houston - come for the humidity, stay for the mosquitos (or floods). Actually, I like it here. People are friendly, I'm from the south so the weather doesn't bother me, and the diversity keeps it interesting. But don't tell anyone. We have enough here already.
    it's alright, just stay away from Sharpstown, Greenspoint, anywhere East of 45, and whatever that area around Beechnut/Bissonnet is called on the Southwest side.
    OvrSteer likes this.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

Welcome to the madness. You are in the right spot.

Welcome

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information