Hello this rookie

Thread: Hello this rookie

Hello this rookie

Hello, I have just become a lunatic of swiss rep watches. The other day I came across an interesting photoalbum which seemed to be a catalogue by a watch dealer. I wonder if any one has delt with him before and what is his credit. I am interested in the white Portuguese IWC. What would be a fair price for that.
    Here is the link to that photoalbum and the pictures look great--I think they are home taken.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edited by moderator:
    Replica watches aren´t a big issue here on WUS and links to (commercial) replica selling sites will be removed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also: What to be paid attention to about this IWC?
    I am complete a rookie about the rep watches but I am very enthuasiastic about them.
    Thanks for help.
    Peter.S
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; May 27th, 2007 at 20:06.

Work 8 weeks in Escravos & then 3 weeks in Katy on vacation

Thumbs Down Re: Hello this rookie

I don't know anything about counterfeit or replica watches, except that they are not worth owning - IMO.
    Regards & All the Best,

Mike

Re: Hello this rookie

Quote Originally Posted by mjbryant View Post
    I don't know anything about counterfeit or replica watches, except that they are not worth owning - IMO.
    Agreed. I just don't understand the desire to own a fake watch, nor a fake anything. Some people might say that it makes them feel good but I don't get it. They KNOW they are wearing a fake so how can it make them feel good?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I won't justify the ownership of fake watches, but I can understand the appeal. For most people, watches are a fashion item. In many cases, people cannot afford the ones that they really like, so they will opt for a look-a-like.

I cannot afford a real Barnett Newman painting, but I have a (legit) print of one and have painted an 'homage' to one of his paintings myself. I don't try to pass them off as real Newman paintings, but I happen to really like his work and I wanted to have some of it around.

By the same token, I cannot afford an original Shelby Cobra 427 and at some point, I'd definitely consider buying one of the kit cars. I love the look and that is as close as I'd ever get to the real thing, so where is the harm? (I know that knock off watches are not quite as benign an industry and that it is theft of intellectual property.)

A fake watch could be exactly the same for many people. They can't afford the real thing, so they get something that looks like the real thing. As for "knowing" that it is a fake, sure they do, but they probably don't even know the difference and most likely don't care -- they like the styling.

Now, if someone wears a fake and tries to pass it off as the real thing, that is just wrong....

Just my two cents....

Hello,
    I know it is not legal to buy a replica watch. But I can not afford original watches and I just want to wear as many of them as possible because I love so many of them.
    Sorry I thought it was a forum for replica watches or at least for both rep and original watches.
    Many thanks for your time.
    regards.
    Peter.S

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Peter.S View Post
    Hello,
    I know it is not legal to buy a replica watch. But I can not afford original watches and I just want to wear as many of them as possible because I love so many of them.
    Sorry I thought it was a forum for replica watches or at least for both rep and original watches.
    Many thanks for your time.
    regards.
    Peter.S
    Instead of buying a lot of replica watches I´d suggest to buy one real thing.

A print of the original is just that. Its also released by the artist. A shelby kit car breaks no laws either. A replica watch is made to deceive the buyer. thats why there illegal. A good fake rolex can cost a grand if its swiss. 175.00 if its chinese. there are alot of watches out there with the look of what you want without buying a fake.

Thread Information