HELP!!!

Thread: HELP!!!

MKG

HELP!!!

I am brand new to WUS and really to the idea of watch collecting too. However, I love watches and spend hours looking at them online and dreaming of owning some high-end pieces someday. My current "dream watch" is the Kobold Phantom Black Ops...

Right now my collection (as it is) is small. I have a Fossil, 2 G-Shocks and 2 Victorinox.
    The Victorinox models are the Airboss Mach 5 (24833) and the black Chrono Classic (241404).

My dilemma is that I can get rid of the 2 Victorinox and get a TAG Heuer F1 Grande Date without spending much more. I love the sporty yet somewhat classy style of the white-faced F1 TAG Grande Date and the rubber strap.

As I said, I am extremely new to watches and don't know all the nuances of a quality watch yet, but I still like the styling of the Airboss Mach 5 and I like the automatic movement (however this is not a sticking point for the TAG as I know the F1 doesn't have it). I don't like the styling as much on the black Chrono Classic anymore.

My goal is to find a watch that fits well with a pair of jeans, but also with a tie. I'd prefer a rubber strap, but can do leather (no bracelets). I'd also like to stick to the $800 and under range and find a watch available through Amazon as I love their service and speedy delivery.

I'm open to suggestions on watch ideas and any input on whether the TAG is a good "swap-out" for the 2 Victorinox.

Thanks in advance!

Re: HELP!!!

So you have one watch you no longer care for, and you want to sell one you like and one you don't for the Tag. As far as the Tag being a good swap out option...that is a little difficult to answer. Do you like it? In my opinion, that Tag is not a great option for jeans to suit. I also don't think I'd swap a mechanical ETA for a quartz, which is what you'd do with the Airboss. I am not wholly impressed with that Tag either. I don't know that I'd do that trade.

Can I make a suggestion? Sell your two Vickys for another! How about the Vicky Alpnach Chrono! It was a screaming deal at $599 a couple days ago...still is at $799. I think it is far more versatile than the Tag, can do the jeans to suit work far better, it is a mechanical, and has more bang for the buck than the Tag. Just a thought. Here is the photo.

Good Luck!!!

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

The TAG F1 Grande Date is their entry level. I think you can get a better watch for the price.
    Japanese : Orient & Seiko
    Swiss : Hamilton & Oris

Head over to seiyajapan to check out some of the hard to get Seiko. Or have a look at the Hamilton Kahki Navy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MKG View Post
    My goal is to find a watch that fits well with a pair of jeans, but also with a tie. I'd prefer a rubber strap, but can do leather (no bracelets).
    Just so you know, some people will frown upon a rubber strap with a tie.

(You can read a smattering of views here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/watc...el-572700.html , though the commenters in that thread tend to stray towards the more conservative side.)

MKG

Thanks for the input to all of you, I appreciate the ideas.

Roller 959- I love that Vic, however, what is the model # of it? I checked Amazon and I see a similar one, but the strap on the two appear different. The one I found was 241195 for $795.

sea0bass- I've looked at a lot of Seiko's and Hamilton's, but have trouble knowing which models are quality vs. a cheaper one. I want a nice, quality watch if I'm going to spend $800. That's a lot of money to me and I want something that will last.

Here is a Hamilton I noticed, what are thoughts on it? It looks like it isn't an automatic. Model number is H77612333.
    One concern I may have is that the strap may be long as I have thin wrists.

Again, I'm always open to suggestions as I'm so new at this.

Thanks!

Thanks for the input to all of you, I appreciate the ideas.

Roller 959- I love that Vic, however, what is the model # of it? I checked Amazon and I see a similar one, but the strap on the two appear different. The one I found was 241195 for $795.

sea0bass- I've looked at a lot of Seiko's and Hamilton's, but have trouble knowing which models are quality vs. a cheaper one. I want a nice, quality watch if I'm going to spend $800. That's a lot of money to me and I want something that will last.

Here is a Hamilton I noticed, what are thoughts on it? It looks like it isn't an automatic. Model number is H77612333.

Again, I'm always open to suggestions as I'm so new at this.

Thanks!
    MKG, 241195 is the one. I'd jump all over it if I hadn't just purchased several watches recently.

If you are interested in Hamiltons, there are some great Hamilton deals out there right now as well.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

The X-Wind is really cool. I tried one on this weekend. You can even get it in silver:

Ashford has this bad boy (H71726313) on sale for just over $600. Add another $200 for the bracelet version.

* Not my pics

MKG

Thanks! I really like that bottom Hamilton. I've added it to my short list.

I've gotten rid of the 2 Vic's and now just need to narrow it down to my new purchase!!

Thread Information