Help between 3watches...
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Help between 3watches...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Help between 3watches...

I am trying to work my wife into letting me get another watch with my bonus coming up...

Here are the three
    all are divers, all have in house movements, all are not the same price. Are the differences in price worth it...

BLANCPAIN FIFTY FATHOMS
    I love the look of this watch and love the sapphire cap idea. From GM with appears can get for about 11k, most expensive of the three. Curious about the heritage and the movement reviews. Don't like the strap so would have to change it...but I like the inconspicuous date. I love the sapphire...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1329445093.038503.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  37.4 KB

JLC compressor navy seals alarm
    Again I also like the look of this watch. Has an alarm which I am not sure that I would use that often but it's a nice idea. Cn get for about 9k...Don't know much about this movement either but it's a JLC, what more needs to be said? The look is the most traditional of the three regarding divers...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1329445129.331827.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  33.3 KB

Panerai 305
    I like the looks, sort of. Definately more tool watch than the other two. One of a kind looks compared to other divers. Hs p9000movement...for whatever that means...but it's 47mm and on my 7.5-7.7 inch wrist may be large... I have a pam111 and actually really like it so I imagine I would like the 305 as well and I like the titanium. Best of the the three being I can get it for 5-6k from risti sites...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1329445152.913903.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  34.5 KB

What's everyone's thoughts?

Ozy

Re: Help between 3watches...

Extremley tough choice.

Going on instant, gutt feeling and emotion, my personal preference is - Blancpain, Followed by Panerai followed by JLC.

However, when I consider my own personal circumstance and couple it with likelihood of ownership (and the fact that I have been eyeing that Panerai for the longest time) It would be Panerai first, JLC second...and Blancpain, well - I'm very sure i'll never be able to buy one.
    Pavo absolutus

Very nice watches which show you have good taste but from these 3 I would go with the Pam-HANDS DOWN!!!
    Last edited by goodguy; February 17th, 2012 at 04:33.
    My collection

Rolex Submariner 16610 Caliber 3135
    Rolex Daytona 116520 Caliber 4130
    Omega Planet Ocean Chrono 2218.50.00 Caliber: Omega 3313

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Extremley tough choice.

Going on instant, gutt feeling and emotion, my personal preference is - Blancpain, Followed by Panerai followed by JLC.

However, when I consider my own personal circumstance and couple it with likelihood of ownership (and the fact that I have been eyeing that Panerai for the longest time) It would be Panerai first, JLC second...and Blancpain, well - I'm very sure i'll never be able to buy one.
    I hear ya, BPFF is a solid chunk of change...and I think I would likely be able to swing the Pam more...but still, I want the right one rather than the watch that cost less...

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    Very nice watches which show you have good taste but from these 3 I would go with the Pam-HANDS DOWN!!!
    Why exactly is that?

For me, no question it would be the FF, of course it is the most expensive, but is a downright classy piece. For some reason I am just not a Panerai fan usually, plus I think it may be too large for my taste. Good luck and let us know what you decide on!
    *Seiko SARB065* *Seiko SBDX001 MM300* *G Shock GA110-1B*

Fifty Fathoms followed by JLC, but try to check out the other versions of JLC's diver, they have a non-alarm version that looks really good too and might cost less.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

For me, and it's more gut feeling than anything, it has to be the Fifty Fathoms. Simply a dive watch icon and the styling of the other two pieces here doesn't do it for me. If not for the 45 mm diameter FF being way too big for me it would be near the top of my grail list.

In the order you have them listed, except I would not have even considered buying a Pammy.
    Swingline888 likes this.
    The Speedmaster is the only thing we took to the Moon that had no modification whatsoever Ė it was right off the shelf. Whatís interesting about my first one is that itís beat up, itís never been cleaned, itís never been repaired and to this day I can take that watch and wind it and it keeps time as well as the day I got it. And Iíve walked in space with it for two and a half hours and worn it on the Moon for over three days.

I would go with the Fifty Fathoms every time because it's one of the most beautiful and iconic watches ever made and defines an entire genre. I love JLC, but I feel like the Navy Seals is their weakest offering. To me, it's somewhat of a concession to marketing realities whereas their other pieces are the exact opposite. The Pan in my mind is just not on the table given it's fashion pedigree.
    Last edited by Bronte; February 17th, 2012 at 08:06.
    MZhammer likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information