Help decide between 2 watches - Tissot PRC 200 vs Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques & Jomashop opinion

Thread: Help decide between 2 watches - Tissot PRC 200 vs Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques & Jomashop opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help decide between 2 watches - Tissot PRC 200 vs Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques & Jomashop opinion

Hi guys,

I would like to get a quick opinion about 2 watches I am interested in. I like both of them,

1) Tissot PRC 200 Leather: T0554171605700 (Can't post links since my first post. Have attached images)
    2) Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques Chronograph Black Dial Men's Watch

I am getting both of these for around the same price from Jomashop.com (around the 400-500 mark). So here are the few questions I have:

1) How authentic is Jomashop? From what I read online and here is that their watches are authentic, but the warranty is usually provided by them as they are considered 'gray market'. I am not much concerned about the warranty aspect of it, but I at least want the watch to be authentic. Can I trust them?

2) Between both the watches, I feel I like the Maurice Lacroix more. I know it isn't a brand name that is as synonym as Tissot, but the price is marked down a lot (from 1500 to around 500). I am just concerned about the movement. From what I read online, Tissot PRC 200 is probably the most ripped off watch by the Chinese market. One search on ebay yield price ranging from 100$ to 600$ with all models looking the same. It sort us shook my love for it. Hence, I am leaning towards the Maurice Lacroix one but would like to know your opinion.

P.S.: I am not a watch connoisseur. I own a Hamilton Khakhi Navy Automatic watch which I love and I adore the dial. The thing that pulls me towards these is the dial itself. If you have any recommendation for something similar around the same price please let me know (below 500$). My primary criteria are:
    a) It shouldn't be big (40-42mm max)
    b) I am not picky about the movement. I know getting a good brand, good dial below 500 with automatic is a pipe dream. Also, I sort of have started to dislike my automatic Hamilton as after 5 years, it loses charge after a day of not wearing it (even though I got it serviced a year back).
    c) Leather belt/ Metal belt preferable.
    d) Dial must look 'busy'. I like chronograph watches but not a requirement.

Name:  ML.png
Views: 606
Size:  108.5 KBName:  tissot.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  48.1 KB

Re: Help decide between 2 watches - Tissot PRC 200 vs Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques & Jomashop opin

I like the Maurice Lacroix quite a bit better myself.

Re: Help decide between 2 watches - Tissot PRC 200 vs Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques & Jomashop opin

The ML is a much better watch from a higher end brand. The movements may be Quartz but MLs case and dial work eclipse the PRC 200 which is a nice watch but far from Tissots most finely crafted.

Jomashop will send you an authentic watch - wouldn't worry about that.

Cheers,
    NM

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for the reply.

I also seem to have been leaning towards it. Is 450$ a good deal for the same from jomashop.com? Everywhere else I've searched, I come across prices from 650$ (amazon) to excess of 1K and hence I wanted to know the authenticity of Jomashop.com. Can someone please elaborate their experience from it if they have bought from it in the past?

IMO the Maurice is much more clean with more luxurious aesthetics. In terms of that price range for that style I was also looking around before I decided to up the budget. I thought Certina had some nice options aesthetics wise. Might be worth taking a look.

Apples v pine nuts.

Here's the Certina I was considering that includes a moon phase
    Name:  certina-ds--8-chrono-moon-phase-stainless-steel-men_s-quartz-watch-c0334501103100.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  153.7 KB

ML all the way not even a fair fight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joma's "flash sale" price on the ML looks like a very good deal, so if you're leaning towards that one...I'd say jump on it.

Between the two, I also prefer the aesthetics of the ML. It's got a slightly "dressier" vibe. The Tissot leans toward a "sportier" look. I just see the Maurice Lecroix as being a bit more versatile....with a more refined, elegant appeal that will lend itself to more occassions.

And I wouldn't worry about Jomashop's authenticity. You'll get a legitimate watch.

Thank you for the quick replies everyone! I went ahead with the ML. Got a 50$ coupon code which actually worked so came to 400 bucks. Hopefully it isn't a fake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information