Help decide between Seiko SSE101J1 or SSE005J1

Thread: Help decide between Seiko SSE101J1 or SSE005J1

Help decide between Seiko SSE101J1 or SSE005J1

Trying to decide between these two any advise?

Also just curious on the SSE101J1 do these watches make ticking sound similar to how quartz does it?

Re: Help decide between Seiko SSE101J1 or SSE005J1

I like the 005 better but thatís just personal preference. I have a solar model (not GPS) and love it. Titanium is a good option IMO... holds its looks very well and isnít overly heavy.

The models arenít too different so it seems mostly an aesthetic choice.

Iím disappointed that the perpetual calendar only works until 2100. Itís possible youíll live long enough for that to be an issue :)

SSE101 i like that it has a second time, and a week view. The SSE005 does not have these functions and not sure if i will use a stop watch more then other 2. Why did you like 005 more?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MariuzM View Post
    SSE101 i like that it has a second time, and a week view. The SSE005 does not have these functions and not sure if i will use a stop watch more then other 2. Why did you like 005 more?
    I just like the looks slightly better. Theyíre pretty darn similar. I think for the specific features, youíll have to decide whatís most important for you.

For me, I really only care about the time of day. I have some automatic watches that donít have the day of the month and kind of like that I donít have to spend time setting it if I havenít worn it for a few days, and donít even need to worry about AM or PM settings. I have never actually used a watch chronograph for anything practical, but I like the look of the buttons on chronographs and busier looking dials, so Iíve got a couple of watches with big buttons and busy dials but donít pay any attention to them :)

I have an iPhone for practical issues like a calculator or tracking world time so I donít really need my watch to have that. For me a purchase decision is based just style and price and quality. Of the two, the 005 colors looked a little better to me. YMMV.

SSE005J1. Love that blue dial. I instantaneously knew (for me, total personal preference) I’d pick it over the 101. Good luck!

Thread Information