Help: Ebay/PayPal Difficulty with Buyer
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Help: Ebay/PayPal Difficulty with Buyer

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Confused Help: Ebay/PayPal Difficulty with Buyer

Hi WUS Members,

I was hoping someone who has dealt with PayPal and eBay in regards to pending funds can help me to find a solution to my current dilemma. There is a new buyer who recently purchased a watch off me for $1k CAD. He was registered on Oct 10, 2015. He purchased the watch from me this morning and paid the sum to my PayPal account. However, the funds are currently "pending" and he wants me to ship the item to the same address, but with an additional line to indicate his unit number. The dilemma is if I ship this item to his new address, I am not eligible for seller protection from PayPal.

I have also contacted PayPal and they require me to ship via USPS, UPS or FedEx and can do nothing to clear the pending funds.

Problem: What should I do to clear the pending funds from PayPal and should I ship the item to his new address with the addition of his unit #?

Thank you WUS in advance.

Best,

Eric
    Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.

Re: Help: Ebay/PayPal Difficulty with Buyer

Do nothing until the funds have cleared. That's the important part.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Yikes, seems like you have a problem. I would personally tell the seller that his payment is pending and you must wait to clear to funds before shipping. I have only been on the buyer side of eBay but it's normal for the product to not be sent out before 24 hours.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bradjhomes View Post
    Do nothing until the funds have cleared. That's the important part.
    I am the seller of this watch, and so the PayPal system says it will take 21 days for the funds to clear if not shipped. This will be an issue for me as I am required by eBay to ship within a certain amount of days or risk having negative feedback. What is your suggestion? Thanks Brad.

@Dptoennies I am the seller and I have contacted the buyer in an effort to get a cleared payment.
    Last edited by Ericw86; October 16th, 2015 at 00:00.

Update: The buyer no longer needs it to be shipped to the new unit. Is there any way he can help to clear the pending funds? Thanks again WUS.

I seem to recall that the funds were pending the first couple of times I sold something. Is your PayPal account new, or is this the first time you've received funds from selling? I'm a bit stumped, but I think you need to ship the watch. Definitely buy postage and insurance through the PayPal connection to USPS, to the verified PayPal address.
    X2-Elijah likes this.

' Pending funds' is not something related with buyers being new registrants, it's about sellers shipping period and sales history.
    If you ship within 24 hours using the preferred methods/carriers of ebay your funds will be cleared earlier than 21 days. Nothing dodgy here since the buyer also cancelled the additional unit in delivery address.
    If buyer paid for courier delivery then ship FedEx, the system will plug in data when delivered and positive feedback received this way funds would be available sooner.
    X2-Elijah likes this.

Paypal does this sometimes if they believe that you (the seller) do not have enough successfully-completed sales for them to immediately trust you. And it'll be more likely on large sales such as this. Paypal holds the payment until you complete your end of the deal and the buyer indicates receipt of the item, and then they will release the funds to you. It does not seem to have anything to do with the buyer being new, nor is there likely to be anything the buyer could do to release the funds to you more quickly. Your choice is to ship the item, and then receive the funds when the buyer provides positive feedback (you may need to prod them into leaving feedback if they don't do so, or you'll have to wait longer to get your funds). Or cancel the sale.
    X2-Elijah and noregrets like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    I seem to recall that the funds were pending the first couple of times I sold something. Is your PayPal account new, or is this the first time you've received funds from selling? I'm a bit stumped, but I think you need to ship the watch. Definitely buy postage and insurance through the PayPal connection to USPS, to the verified PayPal address.
    No I have used eBay for over a year now with larger sales than this. I am a top-rated seller on the Canada eBay page. I will ship the watch then I guess with signature confirmation. However, I am worried that he may claim that the package was a box of rocks or whatnot. How can I avoid this issue? Thanks again
    Last edited by Ericw86; October 16th, 2015 at 00:36.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Ship nothing until the funds have cleared. This is a common requirement of PayPal with a major purchase and a new user. There's nothing you can do about it except notify the buyer that you can't ship until PayPal clears the funds.

If he doesn't want to wait, tell him you will ship it immediately if he pays via Western Union. That way you are 100% guaranteed to receive the funds when he sends them, and the added bonus is there's no way he can scam you via a bogus PayPal dispute.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information