Help find my gift watch

Thread: Help find my gift watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help find my gift watch

I everyone new here and growing my watch collection. I have always loved watches but could never afford luxury watches. Last year I got my first, a Tag Carrera caliber 5, from the outlet store in CA.

This is my wifes and I 15 year anniversary and that means a new time piece for me. I am really fond of the Omega Speedmaster Race. We cannot afford new so preowned it is. I have looked at Crown & Caliber and they have several but am not sure if that is the best site to buy from. Local shops I have checked are very high.

I appreciate any help pointing us in the best direction.

I would definitely keep an eye out on this forum(WUS) as well as watch recon or chrono24. Speedmasters are extremely popular so I would suggest narrowing it down to a model and year your fond of and just keep an eye out.

Re: Help find my gift watch

I second buying here from a seasoned seller here in the US. You may pay a bit more, but you will get a good one. Ebay is okay too if you do paypal with a CC and buy the seller. Meaning only sellers with lots of watches and great feedback.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks all for your feedback! Looking in the $2500 to $3000 price range so I appreciate the feedback on drilling it down. Saw a few “racing” editions that really caught my eye, especially one with a carbon fiber face.

seems these all seem to be solid time pieces. I was looking at some Oris watches but am now set on the Omega.

Instead of buying used, have you considered buying grey? Personally I'd be a bit hesitant buying an anniversary watch used, much less a chrono. I'd wonder how well the previous owner kept up with maintenance, especially since chronos are (relatively) expensive to maintain.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

I would not be totally against that. I know Amazon is one option are there specific watch ones that are trusted?

Quote Originally Posted by cspcrx View Post
    I would not be totally against that. I know Amazon is one option are there specific watch ones that are trusted?
    Jomashop is a well respected grey market website.
    Casio Edifice Chronograph || Hamilton Navy Pioneer || Omega Speedmaster Apollo 17 45th Anniversary LE

All these are within the price range you mentioned. All the best and happy hunting.

https://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch...405002001.html

https://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch...405006001.html

https://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch...405004001.html

https://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch...405003001.html

https://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch...405011001.html

P.S: I am not associated with jomashop in any way except as a customer who bought watches from them.
    Casio Edifice Chronograph || Hamilton Navy Pioneer || Omega Speedmaster Apollo 17 45th Anniversary LE

Jomashop, PrestigeTime, Watchmaxx, Ashford, SwissLuxury have all been listed and reputable places on here.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Thank you very much for all of the options!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information