Help on Hamilton khaki auto chrono

Thread: Help on Hamilton khaki auto chrono

Help on Hamilton khaki auto chrono

Does anyone have information on this watch? It's a Hamilton Khaki field auto chrono (H71516157). I'm not sure if it's discontinued--it's on the website but not in the 2008 catalog (not sure about the 2009 catalog, my AD won't receive it till after thanksgiving). Also, I've noticed two variations. They differ in the markings around the outer edge of the face, one has rectangular lumes at 3, 6, 9, and 12, placement of the chronos, and where it says "automatic chronograph."

This one belongs to sukispop, and is the better looking for the two imo.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

stuffler,mike

Re: Help on Hamilton khaki auto chrono

Welcome to Watchuseek. Please consider to re-post your inquiry on our Hamilton Forum

https://forums.watchuseek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=357

Re: Help on Hamilton khaki auto chrono

I think the silver dial version did/does come in two case sizes--38mm and 42mm--like most of the Khaki Field Auto Chronos. I think Hamilton has been making a version of this watch for a while with slightly varying dial designs, etc. As far as I know, your top picture is an older model and the bottom one is a newer, more current design. I'm not sure if it is discontinued or not, but they should still be somewhat readily available, either way.
    matt

Thread Information