HELP! Is this HERMES watch authentic?

Thread: HELP! Is this HERMES watch authentic?

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4

    HELP! Is this HERMES watch authentic?

    Bought this watch thinking it was authentic! :oops: Now I'm not so sure! Any ideas? :thanks Name:  1fbc_12.JPG.jpg
Views: 3638
Size:  25.1 KB

    Name:  203d_0.JPG.jpg
Views: 2171
Size:  2.5 KB

  2. #2
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: HELP! Is this HERMES watch authentic?

    Quote Originally Posted by mygirls4 View Post
    Bought this watch thinking it was authentic! :oops: Now I'm not so sure! Any ideas? :thanks Name:  1fbc_12.JPG.jpg
Views: 3638
Size:  25.1 KB

    Name:  203d_0.JPG.jpg
Views: 2171
Size:  2.5 KB
    No clue!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    827

    Re: HELP! Is this HERMES watch authentic?

    I googled Hermes, hoping to find a version of this watch under their site or someone elses and searched replica sites...no match at all! Can you give us some info...When did you buy? How much did you pay? Automatic or quartz?

    I think Watchbreath probably sells these out of his garage and is afriad to admit it!
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member dbluefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    3,808

    Re: HELP! Is this HERMES watch authentic?

    I found almost that exact Hermes watch on ebay with gold bracelet for $12,000. Now you did not say how much you spent but when I look at yours and theirs, and the other Hermes I found at various sites, they are a pricey boutique brand, IMO, and if you got a deal too good to be true, wel.........(I smell fake)

    Let us know if you find out more on the watch. My curiosity is piqued so i will look also.

    paul
    Doxa 600T Clive Cussler edition
    Breitling Superocean A17345
    Omega 2531.80
    RGM Sea3 Custom
    Ocean 7 LM3 #119

    VINTAGE :

    Zodiac Astrographic 2000
    Zodiac Sea Wolf(1964)
    LeCoultre Master Mariner (1970)
    Hamilton Thinmatic (1968)

    Place of honor:

    my '80's Seiko 5 which has been through the mill and still runs and tell adequate time.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California-USA
    Posts
    36,332

    Re: HELP! Is this HERMES watch authentic?

    Close, there're in my trunk and my overcoat. They fell off the back of
    a truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sendel View Post
    I googled Hermes, hoping to find a version of this watch under their site or someone elses and searched replica sites...no match at all! Can you give us some info...When did you buy? How much did you pay? Automatic or quartz?

    I think Watchbreath probably sells these out of his garage and is afriad to admit it!

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4

    Re: HELP! Is this HERMES watch authentic?

    Quote Originally Posted by dbluefish View Post
    I found almost that exact Hermes watch on ebay with gold bracelet for $12,000. Now you did not say how much you spent but when I look at yours and theirs, and the other Hermes I found at various sites, they are a pricey boutique brand, IMO, and if you got a deal too good to be true, wel.........(I smell fake)

    Let us know if you find out more on the watch. My curiosity is piqued so i will look also.

    paul
    I paid $425 (approx) on ebay. Told the seller that I am taking it to Hermes next week. I am going to be in NYC and will be right by there - it will be curious as to what they say. Seller says it came from Hermes in Japan - very possible. Is that other watch still on ebay? THANKS for your help - I will keep information posted. Seller has been very nice and not scared off by my suggestion of authentication.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California-USA
    Posts
    36,332

    Re: HELP! Is this HERMES watch authentic?

    Buying first and asking later is NOT the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirls4 View Post
    I paid $425 (approx) on ebay. Told the seller that I am taking it to Hermes next week. I am going to be in NYC and will be right by there - it will be curious as to what they say. Seller says it came from Hermes in Japan - very possible. Is that other watch still on ebay? THANKS for your help - I will keep information posted. Seller has been very nice and not scared off by my suggestion of authentication.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •