Help identify a Waltham

Thread: Help identify a Waltham

Help identify a Waltham

I don't know much about pocket watches, but I found one buried in my yard and want to know more about it.
    The back is missing, but it says Waltham USA Riverside. 21 jewels.
    I searched this info and browsed dozens of pictures but never saw one with the same loop. If someone could tell me where to properly post or how to upload photos I would love some more info on this watch.

Re: Help identify a Waltham

The serial number on the movement is the key to American pocket watch ID.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanK1234567 View Post
    I don't know much about pocket watches, but I found one buried in my yard and want to know more about it.
    The back is missing, but it says Waltham USA Riverside. 21 jewels.
    I searched this info and browsed dozens of pictures but never saw one with the same loop. If someone could tell me where to properly post or how to upload photos I would love some more info on this watch.
    1) Post it here or in "Vintage"
    2)a) Take a GOOD series of photos of the watch, front back, movement, etc. CLOSE and clear
    b) Save them on your computer
    c) Start a new thread or reply to this one
    d) Click on the 3rd icon from the right, it says "Insert Image" when you roll over it
    e) Click "From Computer" tab, make click "Choose File", find them on your computer and click on each
    3) And give us more info on how you found it in your backyard! Makes me want to go out and dig, but I live in a condo in downtown Dallas and the street is tough digging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And the op can edit the original messsge and add pictures.

If I'm looking at the right thing I would say the serial number is 29234360.

I'm on my phone right now and don't see the icons you were talking about for posting pictures, I'll have to log onto my computer later tonight or tomorrow if I get a chance.

I found the watch yesterday afternoon while taking out the trash of all things! We purchased this abandoned lot in Ore City, Texas to build a house on. Almost a year later we are finally wrapping up the final details.
    So after all of the tractor work leveling the ground, moving and digging up rocks (and there are a lot of rocks in a place called Ore City), running water and sewer lines, and planting trees, here this thing is after all of that just lying right next to the surface!

So since it has been buried for who knows how many years it could clearly use a good cleaning if anyone has any tips on that also.

Ahhh. Lake o the Pines territory! Used to be a practically vacant lake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information