Help identify watch please

Thread: Help identify watch please

Question Help identify watch please

I would like to apologize if I have posted this in the wrong section.

My father passed away 13 years ago and I was going through some of his stuff and ran across a safe. I found this Elgin watch, but I can not find any information about it, ei. year etc. Would anyone be able to help me figure out something about this watch?

Thank you,
    Tim

Last edited by Coonced; December 27th, 2012 at 04:44.

Re: Help identify watch please

Quote Originally Posted by Coonced View Post
    I would like to apologize if I have posted this in the wrong section.

My father passed away 13 years ago and I was going through some of his stuff and ran across a safe. I found this Elgin watch, but I can not find any information about it, ei. year/value etc. Would anyone be able to help me figure out something about this watch?

Thank you,
    Tim

It's against forum rules to provide valuation. Check the back of the watch and see what identifying information is there. Take that information and go to Ebay and type the model number and Elgin in the search bar and you'll likely find some being sold there........Just by looking at it, I'd say it's a 1980's style and as it's quartz, it probably won't have high value. Except it's your father's watch and that alone should make it priceless to you.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Re: Help identify watch please

Well I just popped the back of the watch off. Found what I believe to be the model number. Thank you for the help!

Sorry I went through the rules quickly, it has been fixed.

Thread Information