Help! I'm after a higher end quartz movement diving watch with few complications...
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Help! I'm after a higher end quartz movement diving watch with few complications...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help! I'm after a higher end quartz movement diving watch with few complications...

I'm broadening my horizons as I have too many old auto divers. Im thinking somewhere from $1K and up up. Suddenly the thought of a diver I could set and forget is great..really alluring. I don't dive but I do surf in my watches and don't mind beating them about a bit regardless of their cost.

I've been perusing the Seiko Tuna quartz models and I like them, though they're huge.

I've done a few searches but a nice list from some wus members to get me started researching would be really great.

If it exists, I'm after a good quartz model which is respected in its own right, and which isn't regarded as a 'second rate quartz version' of its auto equivalent.

cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Beater; March 20th, 2013 at 08:54.

Re: Help! I'm after a higher end quartz movement diving watch with few complications...

The Sinn UX would have to rate as one of the best quartz divers. You get Sinn case technology plus a thermo-compensated HAQ movement. An Omega quartz SMP will get you a high quality watch but non-HAQ movement.
    Last edited by GlennO; March 20th, 2013 at 09:16.
    WetbehindEars and Khenrick like this.

Re: Help! I'm after a higher end quartz movement diving watch with few complications...

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    The Sinn UX would have to rate as one of the best quartz divers. You get Sinn case technology plus a thermo-compensated HAQ movement. An Omega quartz SMP will get you a high quality watch but non-HAQ movement.
    Yeah, but isn't WR on that thing only like 30m or something? Oh, wait, no. No it's not.

Yeah, in terms of the best high-end quartz diver on the planet, I have to concur with the Sinn UX. Hyper accurate quartz movement, a ton of cool Sinn tech, not the least of which is an oil-filled case... Meaning unless you plan on hitting rock bottom in Challenger Deep, and then drilling into the earth for another half mile, you should be good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am enjoying my Seiko SBCM 023 and 025. Accuracy of +/- 20 SPY, perpetual calendar, and a nice mid sized case that fits great on my 7" wrists.

Horologic likes this.

The older Breitling Colt II (pre-44mm size) quartz is also an amazing watch. Themocompensated movement, 500m depth rating, and it's real pretty. Especially on a NATO strap.

Victorinox Divemaster 500, Longines Hydroconquest, Tag Aqua racer quartz I know you said you didn't really want a quartz cousin of a higher end auto but...

Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    I'm broadening my horizons as I have too many old auto divers. Im thinking somewhere from $1K and up up. Suddenly the thought of a diver I could set and forget is great..really alluring. I don't dive but I do surf in my watches and don't mind beating them about a bit regardless of their cost.

I've been perusing the Seiko Tuna quartz models and I like them, though they're huge.

I've done a few searches but a nice list from some wus members to get me started researching would be really great.

If it exists, I'm after a good quartz model which is respected in its own right, and which isn't regarded as a 'second rate quartz version' of its auto equivalent.

cheers!

Does "perusing" mean looking at pictures of them on the internet? Because in real life they don't wear that big, especially if you have largish wrists. Mine are only about 6.5 and I don't think it looks too big at all. Extremely short lugs make it wear a lot smaller than would suggest.
    Your friend in Japan - My Feedback More Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Does "perusing" mean looking at pictures of them on the internet? Because in real life they don't wear that big, especially if you have largish wrists. Mine are only about 6.5 and I don't think it looks too big at all. Extremely short lugs make it wear a lot smaller than would suggest.
    No I haven't tried one on, and I must say they have a certain allure, plus there's some history there too. My wrist is just under 8" and roundish.

There seem to be a plethora of these tunas which can be a bit bamboozling. Two different sizes? Same quartz movement though?

Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    My wrist is just under 8" and roundish.

There seem to be a plethora of these tunas which can be a bit bamboozling. Two different sizes? Same quartz movement though?

Oh God, you can easily handle a Tuna with 8 inch wrists. There's the sbbn007 (or is it 017?) I believe which has a slightly different bezel and comes with a rubber strap rather than a bracelet, what I think of as the "standard" Tuna which is the SBBN015, then there's the black tuna which I believe is called the emperor tuna and has a higher water resistance value. And finally one more black tuna which is actually an auto and quite expensive.
    Your friend in Japan - My Feedback More Feedback

Seiko darth tuna? On my recent trip to Japan I tried it once,its the one with 1000m WR,it felt surprisingly confortable on my 6,5 inch wrist
    I think the price is around 1500 us$,the yen price is around 136.000

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information