Help me choose a decent auto.

Thread: Help me choose a decent auto.

Help me choose a decent auto.

I have been looking at invicta watches for a week or so. Trying to find a good Auto for daily wear. I don't want to spend more than about $350. The Invicta models I am looking at are these:The first is the Auto Reserve Cadet. At this point, I'd go for either one. Model number 0591, or 0594. The cheapest price I have found on these is about $530. The second is the Reserve Extreme. Model number 0606. The cheapest price I have found on this one is about $600.The third one is the Reserve Elegant Extreme, model number 0741. The chepest price I have found on this one is about $440. The fourth is the Reserve Diver, model number 1017. This is probably my least favorite of these 5 models, because I already have a Rolex GMT. It just looks the same, and I'm not sure I want that. The only case thickness I found listed for this model is 13.5mm thick. I'm not sure if this is right, seeing how most of the others are 16-17mm+. If anybody has one, can you measure it and verify this? The lowest price I have seen on this is about $340. The last but not least is the only quartz model of the bunch. I can't get away from this one, even though it isn't an auto. I love the MOP face, the "limited edition" (if that is even anything special), and the GMT feature. I also like that this one is a little cheaper than the others. I've seen them as cheap as $150 used. The only thing that is a real turn-off for me on this one is the size. I'm just not sure I can deal with the dia. and the thickness of this. It would have to be a really good deal for me to buy it, and I don't know if I would wear it much because of this. This one also has a rubber band, and I'm normally a bracelet guy.Some limits I have set for myself: -I don't mind buying used, as long as it is in good condition. A couple of scratches on the bracelet never hurt anything. Not deep gouges, just normal wear...-I don't really want to pay more than about $350. That is really stretching it for me. That said, the only way I would be able to afford some of the models on this list is to buy them used, or find them on deal of the day sales. I'm not sure if these models even go on deal of the day sites or shows. I have narrowed my choices to all automatics but one. I really like automatics, and I have decided that if I am going to spend a little money on a watch I want it to be an auto. I really like the Invicta reserve models for some reason. I can't really pinpoint the reason, but there are several things that interest me on those. I guess I definitely should entertain other brands as well. Anything you could recomend within this price range and style would be great. Let me know what you think, based on the models I have come to. Thanks

Re: Help me choose a decent auto.

Invicta is good, and go with the one you feel suits you best!
    However, tread carefully on the forum when mentioning Invicta. You may stir up unwanted arguments.

cheers,
    Jake.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

Yeah I figured that it might stir up some stuff. Not my intention though. I'm not sure what to think about Invicta. Anybody got any comments??That's why I posted the thread. I want to spend my money wisely on a good auto, and I am having a hard time even stomaching the fact that people actually pay those prices for Invictas.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd also look into Citizen and Seiko watches. I think you'd get really good performance for your $
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

Just be warned. One "Invicta sucks" thread a week is enough. Thanks for your cooperation.
    To the OP. There are better choices. Use the Search function or Google appending site:forums.watchuseek.com to your search.
    Last edited by Ray MacDonald; December 6th, 2011 at 22:44.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by DragonDan View Post
    I'd also look into Citizen and Seiko watches. I think you'd get really good performance for your $
    +1

After reading the thread that was closed yesterday, I think I'll reconsider Invicta. I don't want to blow my money, and it seems like that might be the case if I go that route.Thanks.

I like models 0605 and 0607.If they were a bit cheaper,then i would consider it,but until they improve a few things with the company i sure won't put out that much cash for an Invicta watch.
    Mike

Thread Information