Help me choose my new purchase between Breitling, B&R, Omega & TAG... PLEASE!
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Help me choose my new purchase between Breitling, B&R, Omega & TAG... PLEASE!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Help me choose my new purchase between Breitling, B&R, Omega & TAG... PLEASE!

Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while... but I'm wanting to purchase a new watch around $3,700.00 or under and have narrowed the list down to these. I'm not a fan of bulky watches or complicated dials and prefer bracelets, so these are all similar in design, but can't make a decision and keep going back and forth as all of these have their pros and cons, so I desperately need help. OPINIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I want a watch that will not depreciate too terribly and a piece that is of the highest quality in the price range. THANKS FOR THE HELP- I really don't want to regret my purchase afterwards...

Bell & Ross BRV2-92 Date 42mm - $3,200
    Pros- sharp design, sporty but sharp and can be dressy as well, Price
    Cons- won't hold value, doesn't have the heritage of the other brands

TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 5 Day&Date 41mm - $2,700
    Pros- really sharp design, low price!
    Cons- design too plain?, won't hold value, scratches easily

Breitling Aviator 8 Date 41mm - $4,310
    Pros- robust but not too big and still classy and elegant
    Cons- dial a bit underwhelming, price out of my range a bit

Omega DeVille Prestige Coaxial Date 36mm - $3,850
    Pros- Better brand & movement than the others
    Cons- Too plain, 36mm is too small, underwhelming
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Help me choose my new purchase between Breitling, B&R, Omega & TAG... PLEASE!

Breitling or Omega.
    RickHoliday likes this.

Re: Help me choose my new purchase between Breitling, B&R, Omega & TAG... PLEASE!

For that money you can get an unworn Rolex OP 36. That would be my choice. After that I’d find an Omega AT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    For that money you can get an unworn Rolex OP 36. That would be my choice. After that I’d find an Omega AT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I already have a 2016 34mm OP Air King Blue Arabic dial, Aqua Terra is a good idea tho but a bit out of my current spending range.

It won't be a popular option here, but I like the look of the Tag best.

The Breitling or Omega will "hold" thier value best % wise... but overall the Tag you will be out the least amount when/if you flip.
    Independent George likes this.
    Core Collection:
    BlancpaiN Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe ceramic, H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

Out of those you have shown, I would go with Breitling or Omega simply because they are chronometers. Just my opinion. Also my opinion, at $3700, you could look at Tudor and IWC.

A Grand Seiko SBGA285 will hold its value very well and run you $3700
    Attached Images Attached Images

Core Collection:
    BlancpaiN Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe ceramic, H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

I think there are a few other options too, e.g.

- Tudor BB36
    - IWC Mark, 36 or 40mm - grey or used

Of your choices, I think the Breitling looks the best. It would be a slam dunk if the numerals were applied. If we're allowed to go off script a little, I second the GS suggestion, whether automatic or spring drive.

Quote Originally Posted by stcizzle View Post
    I already have a 2016 34mm OP Air King Blue Arabic dial, Aqua Terra is a good idea tho but a bit out of my current spending range.
    So you say a con of the 36mm Omega on your list is that it’s too small but yet you own a 34mm Rolex? Hmmm
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information