Help me decide on a Movado: Museum vs. Quadro

Thread: Help me decide on a Movado: Museum vs. Quadro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me decide on a Movado: Museum vs. Quadro

Cant make up my mind on these two. Which one looks better overall? Which one looks better for someone in their 20s. And is the gold a bit too much for a young adult? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Quadro 0606478:
    Movado | Quadro Men's Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch

Museum Model: 0606181

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODg5WDg3NQ...TSgoJ/$_35.JPG

Re: Help me decide on a Movado: Museum vs. Quadro

Welcome!

The Stainless Steel model looks better than the two-tone, in my opinion. Two tone isn't generally loved on this forum - I suspect that will be the consensus. But, it's your watch.

I think the Museum is the more classic, well-known of the two, but I prefer the Quadro.

I don't know if you're new to watches, but you should definitely have a look around at the WRUW ("what are you wearing") threads. This site is absolutely LOADED with great pics of fantastic watches that might change your perspective a bit.

Good luck with your purchase and above all...have fun!

EDIT: I definitely agree with geoffbot regarding the two-tone. It's not as nice.
    Last edited by ajbutler13; July 3rd, 2014 at 14:32.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quadro...It has hour markers.....
    Markers do make a difference...
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

For me, it's hard to tell because one is represented by a real-life picture and the other one with a render, and I think I'm naturally drawn to the former because of the pic. Also, as far as two-tones go, that one is pretty cool, and, curiously enough, it strikes me as more masculine, too (I'm assuming the young adult in question is male).

Can't check the links, but for me, I'd always say the Museum watch since it's pretty much the Movado icon. However, I do agree with the advice to check the daily WRUW threads and check out other options. The Museum watch is a good watch for your collection, but I wouldn't want it as my only/main watch.

I prefer the Museum dial, but on a leather strap. If you have to have it on a metal bracelet, then choose one in stainless steel without gold accents.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I just love two tone but in this case not only is the all steel watch better looking it will suit you better too IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallant_Knight View Post
    Cant make up my mind on these two. Which one looks better overall? Which one looks better for someone in their 20s. And is the gold a bit too much for a young adult? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Quadro 0606478:
    Movado | Quadro Men's Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch

Museum Model: 0606181

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODg5WDg3NQ...TSgoJ/$_35.JPG
    Rather than guessing about the likes and dislikes for someone in their 20's I would put the question back to you. Is the watch for you? If so do you like the two tone gold and steel look? There are plenty of people who still do. Or do you like the more monochromatic modern look of the quadro?

I could enjoy either one.

The Museum is the icon design which i like to look at OTHER people's wrist because I need the marker to quickly tell time.

That's the reason i 'd choose ANY other model over Museum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information