Help me Decide which watch to get. Lum-Tec m23 or Victorinox Airboss mach 6
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help me Decide which watch to get. Lum-Tec m23 or Victorinox Airboss mach 6

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me Decide which watch to get. Lum-Tec m23 or Victorinox Airboss mach 6

First off wanted to say hello this is my first post.
    Right now I have a couple citizen watches and have been looking at getting a new watch and I have always wanted a nice auto watch. I have been looking around and have found these two I really like that are close in price.

First is the Victorinox Airboss mach 6. I like the blue dial and it’s a mechanical chronograph It says it has a vajoux 7750 movement. I’m not to familiar with mechanical movements yet so I don’t really know if this is a quality movement. I have held this watch in a store and really liked it but I’m not too familiar with this company making nice watches I don’t know how they hold up and there over all quality. It seemed very nice, from just looking at it in a store. Much nicer than the citizens I have. I like the fact it’s a mechanical chronograph and has an exhibition window. So how is the quality of Victorinox watches?

The other watch I’m considering is the Lum-tec m23 Carbide tungsten. It has a eta- 2824-2 movement, again don’t know much about it other than its eta’s entry level movement. This watch only has a date. Which really doesn’t bother me I don’t need a chronograph I just think they look nice. One of my citizens is a chronograph and don’t really use it much. As far as looking online about lum-tec I have seen nothing but excellent reviews or statements about customer service. I really like the colors of this watch and the tungsten carbide is nice. And most of all I really like the long lasting lume. Also like the fact that the lume-tecs are made in low volume so they have uniqueness to them. It seems from the best I can tell the m23 does not have an exhibition window. I was hoping it would since this would be first auto and I would like to see the movement.

I’m also open to other watch suggestions since I’m sure there are brands I have never heard of.

So I’m torn between the two even though there kind of apples to oranges. Which would you guys recommend? I keep thinking it over since spending around a grand on a watch seems a lot to me. Thanks guys for any suggestions.

-Tim

Re: Help me Decide which watch to get. Lum-Tec m23 or Victorinox Airboss mach 6

post pictures.
    TAG Heuer | Aquaracer 300m (WAN2110.RKA8328) [Purchased New - June 2011]
    Sinn | 556 (
    556.3670) [Purchased New - August 2011]

Airboss

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

airboss

Lum-tec m23

Victorinox.
    "Tempus Fugit"

Current Collection:

Seiko SNKEO9K1 ----- Omega Seamaster "Geneva" ---- Seiko 6309-7290 ----- Seiko SSC015 ---- Revue Thommen Airspeed

Had an Air boss. Liked it enough that I am thinking of re-buying it (mach 4).
    Get that.

Get the Lum-Tec..Tungsten watches are harder to find than one would think, there is also a bracelet that you can buy for it which gives you more flexibility and best of all it WON'T GET SCRATCHED (unless your walls are studded with diamonds that is)

The lum-tec will look the same way today as it will 10 years from now which is food for thought since you are dropping allot of coin for it.

Also don't know if it matters to you or not but Lum-Tec is an American owned and run company. +1 Lum-tec
    brandon\ likes this.

i say the Airboss.

I like the look of the Lum-Tec alot more. The Swiss Army has the better movement I believe, the 7750 is a classic. Its the most common auto chrono out there.

Quote Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post
    Get the Lum-Tec..Tungsten watches are harder to find than one would think, there is also a bracelet that you can buy for it which gives you more flexibility and best of all it WON'T GET SCRATCHED (unless your walls are studded with diamonds that is)

The lum-tec will look the same way today as it will 10 years from now which is food for thought since you are dropping allot of coin for it.

Also don't know if it matters to you or not but Lum-Tec is an American owned and run company. +1 Lum-tec
    I agree with the above statement.

And to piggy back on it, the Vic *might* have a unique lug-width. I'm not sure about this model, but Victorinox has built some models with 21mm lugs; that can make finding a bracelet or a strap a little more difficult than usual. Like I said, I'm not sure about this model. And I'm not sure if that would influence your decision in the least.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information