Help me decide what to do with this one - New Strap or Sell

Thread: Help me decide what to do with this one - New Strap or Sell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me decide what to do with this one - New Strap or Sell

I got this Victorinox a little over a year ago:

Victorinox Swiss Army Men's 241190 Ambassador Silver Dial Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

While I like the look, it doesn't get enough wrist time due to the weight. I was thinking of swapping out the bracelet for a leather strap, possibly dark blue to play off the small seconds hand. What do you guys think? What other color choices or strap ideas might look nice? If that doesn't work out, I'll probably end up selling it.

Name:  watch 1.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  46.8 KBName:  watch 2.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  76.1 KB

I threw a new blue rubber strap on. Much more manageable on my wrist, I like the look to. What do you guys think?

Name:  new strap.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  93.0 KBName:  new strap 2.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  62.2 KB
    Last edited by pedro0223; January 14th, 2014 at 03:10. Reason: New Strap Pics

Re: Help me decide what to do with this one - New Strap or Sell

Brown leather Zulu/NATO.
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 8500 Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50 Maurice Lacroix Pontos Day/Date Casio G-Shock DW-9052 TAG Heuer Formula 1 Lavina Manual Wind (Vintage 1940s) Swiss Military 6-512.15 Titanium

A strap won't change the weight or size. If anythink a strap will be less flexible and offer an even poorer fit than a bracelet. So if you don't like it now it's time to move it on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A dark strap is going to make it look too formal, which I don't think suit this watch. If you don't like the weight, wouldn't a lighter strap just make it more uncomfortable?

I never thought the a lighter strap would make it more uncomfortable. I'll have to think about that. My thinking was with either a leather strap (broken in) or possibly a nato that I could achieve a better fit so the weight wouldn't be an issue. Also, the clasp on this watch is a pain in the butt to open. Maybe if that aspect wasn't so bad I'd wear it more. Lots to consider. I did get a watch kit this xmas so I may pickup a few cheap straps and play around with it since I can do the swap on my own. Thanks for the input.

I have a watch with both a bracelet and a strap, and it definitely feels lighter with the strap, which is how I wear it most of the time. You already have the watch, it's worth a try.

Inactive

Sell it, it's massive on your wrist, no strap is going to make that watch look like it fits your wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Dowling View Post
    Sell it, it's massive on your wrist, no strap is going to make that watch look like it fits your wrist.
    I always thought it was at my upper limit for size. I still may try to throw a strap on there to see how it looks but I could probably flip it for something else I've been eyeing so it'll end up a win either way.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by pedro0223 View Post
    I always thought it was at my upper limit for size. I still may try to throw a strap on there to see how it looks but I could probably flip it for something else I've been eyeing so it'll end up a win either way.
    Been there done that, it can't hurt. I didn't say that to be mean, trust me I've been through my fair share of watches I loved that were simply too friggin big. I tried to rationalize it and convince myself it's really just fine, but at the end of the day I had to admit, I'm 5'10, 190 lbs with a 7 inch wrist I can't pull off 45 mm X 16 mm watches. My Sumo is 45mm, but it's thinner with a recessed bezel and thinner bracelet, it wears small, it's the only 44mm+ watch I've ever been able to pull off. But a large Swatch Chrono? I couldn't pull it off, wish I could, there are a ton of Hamilton chronos I really like. I still have my eye on a 42mm Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono.

Straps are cheap (especially NATOs). Selling is a pain. Why not try the watch on a strap and see how you like it? You can always sell it later. I like an olive drab NATO strap. Olive is a neutral that goes with anything, gives a bit of a military vibe, but still provides some color contrast to just about any watch dial.
    Last edited by LesserBlackDog; January 8th, 2014 at 04:21.
    Cheers,
    Ben "LBD"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information