Help me find my next watch - multi-function but classy

Thread: Help me find my next watch - multi-function but classy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help me find my next watch - multi-function but classy

First off, this is my first time on this forum and here I am, posting another "help me" thread so I apologize. I tried several searches but just didn't find what I was hoping for.

I am looking for a multi-function watch (has to have alarm, timer, and chrono) but that is classy looking so therefore probably not solely digital. And it should be tough enough that I can wear it all day, every day. Would like to keep this under $1k. Basically, I want most of the functionality of a G-Shock but in a nicer/less busy package.

So far the best one I've found is the Tissot T-Touch Expert (regular T-Touch doesn't have a timer for some reason). I'm hoping you all can point me in some other directions.

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie.

jarlaxle

Re: Help me find my next watch - multi-function but classy

Quote Originally Posted by jarlaxle View Post
    First off, this is my first time on this forum and here I am, posting another "help me" thread so I apologize. I tried several searches but just didn't find what I was hoping for.

I am looking for a multi-function watch (has to have alarm, timer, and chrono) but that is classy looking so therefore probably not solely digital. And it should be tough enough that I can wear it all day, every day. Would like to keep this under $1k. Basically, I want most of the functionality of a G-Shock but in a nicer/less busy package.

So far the best one I've found is the Tissot T-Touch Expert (regular T-Touch doesn't have a timer for some reason). I'm hoping you all can point me in some other directions.

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie.

jarlaxle
    T-touch is a decent option. Hard to find a multi-function that is "classy" looking though. Just never heard that word used to describe a G-shock type of watch....
    Researching Divers and Vintage Divers....If anyone has any suggestions, please PM me. Thanks....

how about the citizen BL5250-02L, one thing you mentioned that it is not very good in is the alarm which i hear is a little quiet, you should check it out anyways here is the amazon link to it with some reviews on the bottom and specifications: Click me

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    how about the citizen BL5250-02L, one thing you mentioned that it is not very good in is the alarm which i hear is a little quiet, you should check it out anyways here is the amazon link to it with some reviews on the bottom and specifications: Click me
    Thanks, that Citizen looks very interesting.

As for the "classy" angle, what I really meant to say is I'm trying to find a watch that does everything I want (alarm, timer, chrono) but isn't a sport/digital watch like a Timex Ironman or G-Shock. Right now I switch back and forth between my "do everything I want" watch which is a Timex Ironman and my "hey nice watch" watch, which is a Tag. But I hate it when I either A) forget to change to my nice watch when I'm wearing a suit, etc. or B) am wearing my nice watch when I really need to set an alarm or whatever. I'm trying to find a watch that can do it all and look good in the process.

I have read up on the T-Touch which does seem to meet all my needs but was dismayed to hear of so many people having problems. I NEVER take my watch off so if it isn't rock solid in the water that isn't going to fly at all.

Thanks for the input, would love to hear some more.

Also, why the heck isn't their a site that allows you to search for watches based upon available functions. If someone knows of one please let me know.

The requirement for a Timer really narrows the field.

I would recommend a Citizen. They make a whole bunch with an alarm, timer and chrono.

Here's one of my favorites from Casio, it's not really "classy", but it really "does it all" with Waveceptor and Solar capabilities.

Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by TNT13; March 30th, 2010 at 21:36.
    How to choose an HDTV (A step by step guide)

How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

The only multifunction I've ever seen that doesn't seem like a toy has been the X-33.

Bell and Ross make a line called the "Function", which has classy looking hands and dial with a digitral display that can be turned off. Go to http://www.bellross.com/global/en/ and look in COLLECTION.

Omega used to make the "Seamaster 120 m Multifunction", which was very smilar and still turns up occasionally as new old stock on eBay.

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

If you want a LOT of functions and looks nice, look at Citizens:

I liked my skyhawk AT, but at the end, decided I did not need that many functions. More functions on this and it will start doing laundries and cooking:
    Chronic flipper...

Quote Originally Posted by hpark21 View Post
    If you want a LOT of functions and looks nice, look at Citizens:

I liked my skyhawk AT, but at the end, decided I did not need that many functions. More functions on this and it will start doing laundries and cooking:
    Yes, I did a quick search on "countdown" on Citizen's site and the Skyhawk line jumped right to the top. It is definitely overkill for me, I don't need everything else it offers but do have to admit it looks like it means business. I'm planning on heading out tomorrow to actually see one in person so thanks for the head's up.

The popular ones are Citizen Attesa and Casio Oceanus in this "category".

You can do a search on Seiya Japan, Higuchi Inc., and Chino Watches.

Last edited by Paperclip; March 31st, 2010 at 15:56. Reason: added pix

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information