WUS family - I need your help! I am struggling to find the watch for me. I am looking for an everyday wear, smart casual style watch that ticks the following boxes. Almost like a dressy or classy field watch or perhaps a more adventurous dress watch? I don't think it has a WUS defined category as such. Have been looking for a while, but haven't been able to combine these elements yet!
What I am looking for:
• 36-42mm size, pref 40mm. Not a fan of the large 43mm+ wrist clocks that seem to be fashion of the minute!
• ASAP (As Slim As Possible). Prefer as close to 10mm or under, not chunkier then 12mm.
• Some numerals on the dial. Could be all 12, could just be a couple. No 24 hour rings of numbers though - tend to give a cluttered look that I don't personally like.
• Sapphire crystal. No more, no less.
• 100m WR. So many of the watches I like end up being 30m. I am likely to encounter water (not dive, though swim is possible) with this watch, so I don't want to worry about it dying because of a heavy rain shower!
• Auto or manual, I can drive either. Just not electric (quartz). Personal thing, just love the mechanics behind it.
• Much rather on a good leather strap,
with strap changing a possibility, then a bracelet (bonus points for deployant clasp instead of pin, but not a deal breaker)
• Not a chrono. Can have the odd complication but I have no drama with a good three hander!
• Clean but interesting dial. Whether it's from texture (sand dials, some colour or sunray etc), applied indices or facets, anything really. Just not a sterile black-print-on-white-dial. A little contradictory I realise, I'm ok with it.
• Not super fussed with Brand but would prefer something that I can keep for a long time rather then something that needs to be replaced entirely every few years.
• Price range. I would love to say unlimited, but hey just not the case unfortunately. I have about 2k AUD in the kitty at the moment, and with saving would take it up to 4k for this watch I think - equally would take it right down as well! New or used is fine.
Attached are some pictures - because thats the best part of these forums right?
Firstly my favourite watch I already own, my E.C.Andersson Arctic Calypso Sport. I have photos of it for an idea of the size I like. 40mm, 10mm thick, screw down crown and white fine sand dial. Love it, only minor quibble is integrated SS band is a little loose, no micro adjust.
The next are some watches I have found that I quite like but don't tick quite all of the boxes for whatever reason (whether its 3atm WR, mineral glass, quartz, too large/chunky, no numerals, sold out etc). I particularly enjoy the Cuervo y Sobrinos watch here, but wouldn't turn down any of them really if they ticked all the boxes! This is to give you an idea of the look I like - plus pictures are better then words!
So I throw it open to you all - any ideas or thoughts are more then welcome!! Thanks in advance guys and gals!