Help me find a watch

Thread: Help me find a watch

Gift Help me find a watch

I want to get myself a new watch, I have a rough idea of the specifications and what I want but I cant seem to find an ideal choice. so far I like the Sinn U200, but I think it is a bit overkill in terms of its height. I want a analogue watch and a analogue watch only, no chrono/timer, no date/day etc

Budget $1500 - $3000
    Minimum 200m waterproof
    Maximum diameter ~38mm (smaller if possible)
    Round face
    Band - preferably silicone/rubber (or has replacement available)
    Preferably GITD or tritium.
    Preferably black, satin or brushed finish (no chrome or gold)
    I am not fussed about the movement type, as long as it is accurate.

Any suggestions? (Also, let me know if this is the wrong forum category?)

Re: Help me find a watch

A sub 38mm dive watch? That's going to be tough to find these days. The first one that comes to mind is the midsize Omega Railmaster; 36mm, but it's only got 150m WR and you'd have to get an aftermarket strap. Judging by internet prices, you might be able to get one in your price range:

Nice looking watch. They sell it 36 and 49mm (with small seconds). If they had something in between, I might have one.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

I think the Sinn 556 or 656 are excellent watches and come close to meeting your criteria. Diameter of 38.5 mm; H20 resistance of 200 meters. They do, however, both have a date complication but it's very unobtrusive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Seiko dive watches are typically smaller than their Swiss or German counterparts. Most are about 38mm in diameter. However, the only ones I've seen have polished cases. However, you could buy a Seiko for less than $500, have a watchmaker brush the steel, and still have a couple thousand for other watches.
    "...[A] watch isn’t about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life."
    -Askmen.com's The Watch Snob

Quote Originally Posted by ramirez1970 View Post
    I think the Sinn 556 or 656 are excellent watches and come close to meeting your criteria. Diameter of 38.5 mm; H20 resistance of 200 meters. They do, however, both have a date complication but it's very unobtrusive.

I looked at this watch, I like it, but I think it is still to large (diameter) are there any smaller German watches?

Just buy 17 Seiko 5s. Only 30m WR, but with 17 of them I don't think it'll matter much.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

This is actually one of the most interesting "Find me a watch with these specifications" I have ever seen. You watch requirements would be common, except for your diameter requirements and the completely blank face. Dive watches as a general rule tend to be large.

My best suggestion for you if you can deal with a date would be the Breitling Superocean Heritage 38. Seen below:

Breitling Superocean Heritage 38 Mens Wristwatch Model: A3732024.B869-RBR

Another choice (again has a date but it is less pronounced like the Sinn) would be a Bulgari Diagono Scuba 38mm. Shown below:

BVLGARI Diagono Professional Scuba Mens Watch - Black Dial - SD38SVDAUTOSLN

I should not with the Bulgari there are two versions of the watch in different case diameters. If you are interested you can look around, they can be found pre-owed for as low as $1600.

Thread Information