help me locate this watch

Thread: help me locate this watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help me locate this watch

I saw one that caught my eye a few days ago, but my friggin browser crashed and I lost the webpage containing the picture. For some reason I thought is was an ALBA but what caught my eye was the chartreuse green bezel insert. Anyone seen this one before? Links and or pictures will be great!

Re: help me locate this watch

ALBA??? Sounds like it might probably was meant to replicate the Rolex 50th Anniversary
    Sub. There's plenty of those out there.
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

Restart your PC. Open your browser (the one that crashed), then open the history folder for the browser. Look for the sub-folder for the day when the crash occurred and open it. You will see a list of links for every site and page you visited that day. click on each one until you find the one for the watch you where looking at. once you find it, post pictures here so we can see it.

I Love Albas (not to be confused with Alpha's, which are ok too, but not as nice).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sendel View Post
    ALBA??? Sounds like it might probably was meant to replicate the Rolex 50th Anniversary Sub. There's plenty of those out there.
    Are you sure you're not confusing Alba (seiko's sub-brand) with Alpha (the Hong Kong Based independent Chinese brand)?

Yep, I know it wasn't an Alpha. Just let me know if you have seen this before. I know how to restore a browser session; looking in the history will only help IF I had a clue which day I saw it and what website (or even area within a website) I had seen the picture. For some reason I thought it was in the header section on this website within one of the forums. I will go looking again.

Alba: Manufacturers of cheap (and nasty) electronic tat for the UK market

Alpa: (Swiss) Manufacturers of some of the worlds finest precision cameras

Probably neither of these but I thought I should share information

Thanks moonrat, I think the ALBA I am referring to is a line of watches made by Seiko. http://www.alba-watch.com

Can you describe the watch in more detail. I have a feeling I know what you are talking about.

I really don't know all I can remember is that there were green/chartruse accecents and I think it was around the inside of the bezel. Could have been the hand color too. I am not sure it was an ALBA but for some reason I have that stuck in my head like "hey, remember this and research it later" when when I went to research it I couldn't find anything.

You might try this link. There are 4 Alba models here. The first one has a lime green seconds hand. I have the black Manta Ray limited edition (3rd watch) and it is a perfectly good sub $200 watch with a Seiko 7S26 movement.

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WATCHSAL...SalesTable.htm

Don't know if it's what you were looking for but thought I'd give it a shot. Cheers!
    Current favorites:
    Squale Y1545 20 ATMOS Militaire (Original) Ser. No. 0001; Sturmanskie Open Space 24Hr Ser. No. 199/250; Glycine Airman 17; Seiko Prospex PADI SRPA21;
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20; Bathys Black Aquaculture; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS; + about 25 more
    Incoming: NADA

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information