I'm fairly new here, so first wanted to say what an amazing site this is! I've been into watches for a few years now, my first and only "real" watch is an Omega Speedmaster Day Date like this one:
It's my daily wearer and probably always will be. It has a couple of bangs and desk diving scratches, but I love this watch!
However, I'm considering getting a very nice black face (or possibly just a black leather strap) watch for more formal occasions and big meetings at work. This watch will probably sit on the watch winder 6 days a week as I'll really want to keep it in pristine shape. With so much out there to look at, it's hard to narrow down the list! Here's the watches I'm considering, I'd appreciate your thoughts...
- Cartier Calibre (the new one coming out next month, would probably get the silver face over the black)
- Jaeger Lecoultre Master Control Geographic (silver face with black strap)
- IWC Pilot Mark XVI (maybe a chrono, maybe just the regular...)
- Omega Railmaster (brown leather strap, would probably also get a black one)
- Rolex New Explorer I (39mm)
- Rolex GMT IIc (is it too sporty and not formal enough?)
- or, anything else you might recommend?
My budget is $3-8k.
Thanks in advance for your help!