Help with Nicolette watch
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mkws

Thread: Help with Nicolette watch

Help with Nicolette watch

I recently purchased a watch from a estate sale.the daily is marked Rene.but the inside case says nicolet watch co.germany.the movement says nicolet. As1525/1526.anyone know anything about this watch.the case is 10 micron gold filled and the band is kesston 10k gold filled
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Help with Nicolette watch

Well, the design screams 1970s. Nicolet was (and is, as the Armand Nicolet brand still exists) a well-known holding from Tramelan, Switzerland. Their watches were sold under numerous brand names - Mikrolisk lists dozens of trademarks registered to them.

With an outsourced case (not even in terms of the supplier, but the country of origin), looks like Nicolet wasn't doing well at that time - for that matter, neither did the rest of the Swiss watch industry. The last proper Nicolets are from the late 1960s, very early 1970s at the latest. Nicolet was mostly known for their chronographs (often in solid gold), usually equipped with well-finished Landeron ebauches (mostly column-wheel ones, like calibres 11, 13 and 39).
    harryst likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Thread Information