Help With Purchasing a Used Watch

Thread: Help With Purchasing a Used Watch

Help With Purchasing a Used Watch

I am thinking of buying a used watch with an automatic movement off of EBay. The watch is 6 years old with a standard ETA automatic movement (2824). According to the description, it has been worn very little. Should I be concerned about the movement not having much time in operation? Regulation issues? Any questions in particular that I should ask the seller?

Thanks!

Banned

Re: Help With Purchasing a Used Watch

If it hasn't been serviced, it might need it, 5 years is the recommended service interval.

Re: Help With Purchasing a Used Watch

Quote Originally Posted by orahu View Post
    I am thinking of buying a used watch with an automatic movement off of EBay. The watch is 6 years old with a standard ETA automatic movement (2824). According to the description, it has been worn very little. Should I be concerned about the movement not having much time in operation? Regulation issues? Any questions in particular that I should ask the seller?

Thanks!
    you might want to find out if they have had it overhauled since owning it. typically 5 years is the rule of thumb. but especially if it hasn't been worn or kept in a winder, the oils may have dried up.

Thread Information