help on Rado Cape Horn
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: help on Rado Cape Horn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    LandDownUnder
    Posts
    23

    help on Rado Cape Horn

    Hi everyone,

    None of the the Cape Horns I can find on the web look like this - can anyone confirm Rado made one like this - around 1968 apparently...the strap is not original but the watch is said to be. Thanks for any advice.

    Name:  rado cape horn.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  111.8 KB
    Last edited by Milko; August 22nd, 2014 at 15:34.

  2. #2
    Member rfortson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    10,505

    Re: help on Rado Cape Horn

    I don't know but I'll bump you up for showing such a nice looking watch! There are a few Rado experts around here and hopefully one of them will chime in with an answer.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Bald Prairie, Canuckistan
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: help on Rado Cape Horn

    Hi, sorry, I have the same news as I posted over at EOT. That is not correct in so many ways. I went into detail over there.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member rfortson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    10,505

    Re: help on Rado Cape Horn

    Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    I don't know but I'll bump you up for showing such a nice looking watch! There are a few Rado experts around here and hopefully one of them will chime in with an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Hi, sorry, I have the same news as I posted over at EOT. That is not correct in so many ways. I went into detail over there.
    And here's Henry, with (I guess) the bad news. Too bad, it's still a good looking watch.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Bald Prairie, Canuckistan
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: help on Rado Cape Horn

    Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    And here's Henry, with (I guess) the bad news. Too bad, it's still a good looking watch.
    That particular seller photographs their watches very well and does make them look pretty and new. They make them very shiny and they may service them but I have yet to see a Rado from them that hasn't been fiddled with. They also sell for quite a bit of money.
    scottjc and rfortson like this.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    LandDownUnder
    Posts
    23

    Re: help on Rado Cape Horn

    many thanks Henry -appreciate your input. . We shall see how the seller responds, and whether they want the publicity over several forums.....
    Henry Krinkle likes this.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1

    Re: help on Rado Cape Horn

    Hi Henry, I just purchased a Cape Horn very similar to this one with a black dial. Can you give me the url for the EOT page which pointed out the problems with this Cape Horn? Thank You

  9. #8
    Member rfortson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    10,505

    Re: help on Rado Cape Horn

    Quote Originally Posted by zzisspking1 View Post
    Hi Henry, I just purchased a Cape Horn very similar to this one with a black dial. Can you give me the url for the EOT page which pointed out the problems with this Cape Horn? Thank You
    Don't know the thread, but this is the forum.

    Equation of Time
    Henry Krinkle likes this.

  10. #9
    Member BarracksSi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    14,623

    Re: help on Rado Cape Horn

    Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Don't know the thread, but this is the forum.

    Equation of Time
    As soon as I clicked that site's search field, a window popped up claiming to be a virus scan (100% bogus). Something ain't right with it today.
    rfortson likes this.

  11. #10
    Member rfortson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    10,505

    Re: help on Rado Cape Horn

    Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    As soon as I clicked that site's search field, a window popped up claiming to be a virus scan (100% bogus). Something ain't right with it today.
    Yeah I got the same

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •