Help: Set hour in my watch...I can't!

Thread: Help: Set hour in my watch...I can't!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help: Set hour in my watch...I can't!

Hi:
    This probably will sound stupid, but I can't set the hour in my new watch, I tried pulling the crown, push it, turn it clockwise, to the left, I mean everything and I can't move the damn thing!

I bought the watch on Ebay and came without manual (and with an ugly strap but that is another story), I don't know the model, I tried on google and get 0.

It's an old Geneve (not Geneva) woman watch, swiss quartz, this one:
    Attachment 973707Attachment 973710

Thanks!

Re: Help: Set hour in my watch...I can't!

I suppose it should work like this. Pull the crown out one notch, turn it, and it'll change the date. Pull the crown out another notch and you'll be able to set the time. If this doesn't work, contact the seller.

There should be three positions that crown is set to. Position 0 is pushed all the way to the case. Position 1 is one click out and allows you to set the date. Be sure to do date setting before 6:00pm and after 12:00 midnight. Pulling the crown out to position 2 should allow both the minute and hour hands to be set by turning the crown. Try that and post your results.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

THE: United States of America, Juhryzee shauw

Sometimes they are "tricky" and sometimes they are broke.
    Try: (Crown in), rotating the crown several,(3-4) slow turns in both directions, get a feel for the resistance & listen to the sound, should be smooth, low resistance & quiet, no grindy, scratchy noises .
    Next: Carefully, slowly pull the crown out trying to feel for two "stops" or clicks. Do this a few times so you can feel the stops. When you push the crown back in,(carefully), feel for the same two stops. Typically the first stop out will be for the date and I have an older watch that I can only engage this stop when pushing the crown in. The second stop out is typically the hands, if you can't get them moving, they may be loose on their stem or the stem may be broke. The Crown stem may be broken or not engaging as well. It is possible, that the crown/stem, may only need to be reset if it has been removed during a previous repair and not properly re-installed. If you are not able to get movement using the Crown, I would return it, unless you think it is worth repairing. DISCLAIMER: I am not a watch maker just paraphrasing info I've gleaned here on WUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I suppose it should work like this. Pull the crown out one notch, turn it, and it'll change the date. Pull the crown out another notch and you'll be able to set the time. If this doesn't work, contact the seller.
    Thanks, yeah!, I know that works in most watches but this is not moving at all, I even tried with a mini screwdriver, didn't move!

Dammit, I will need to contact the seller again, at this moment I'm pretty sure that the seller sold me a bad watch. I just opened a case because the watch have an old, generic, ugly band, not the same that in the photos.

Was cheap but I'm pretty tired of bad Ebay sellers (and was an USA seller).

Quote Originally Posted by new2oltime View Post
    Sometimes they are "tricky" and sometimes they are broke.
    Try: (Crown in), rotating the crown several,(3-4) slow turns in both directions, get a feel for the resistance & listen to the sound, should be smooth, low resistance & quiet, no grindy, scratchy noises .
    Yes!, that works, the crown was really tight, kinda dusty, but now I stuck with the crown out, I have set the date and now I can't put the the crown in again...the crown have a screw, first time I see something like that, now I'm trying to set the hour

Thank you!

I did it!, I turned the crown in his screw until the thing didn't go more and then I get a click and set the hour!

Thank all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Deketa View Post
    I did it!, I turned the crown in his screw until the thing didn't go more and then I get a click and set the hour!

Thank all of you!

Well good you made it work. Not all Ebay-sellers are bad!! Now happy hunting for a new nice strap.
    Feel free to check out and make comments on my photo's: Click to see most of my watches!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidle View Post
    Well good you made it work. Not all Ebay-sellers are bad!! Now happy hunting for a new nice strap.
    thanks!, yes I know that most Ebay sellers are good, but I have had some bad experiences lately, but still Ebay for me is awesome.
    And I want to begin a small collection of watches, I will be asking in the forums soon!

By the way I found what is the screw in the crown, is a screw-down crown! ..go figure!, I didn't see this kind of crown before

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information