Help sourcing a canteen crown guard small screw for a U boat 53mm left hook auto 2005
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ffritz

Thread: Help sourcing a canteen crown guard small screw for a U boat 53mm left hook auto 2005

Help sourcing a canteen crown guard small screw for a U boat 53mm left hook auto 2005

Hello people. I'm new to this forum, I came across this site through searching for the said part for my recently purchased U boat watch. The screw is the small screw which connects the crown protector to the case. I'm really struggling to find this part, anyone have any ideas where I can purchase one of these? I'm based in North Queensland.

Thanks in advance

Re: Help sourcing a canteen crown guard small screw for a U boat 53mm left hook auto 2005

Order from Uboat.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Help sourcing a canteen crown guard small screw for a U boat 53mm left hook auto 2005

What does U-Boat say ?
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Hello people. I'm new to this forum, I came across this site through searching for the said part for my recently purchased U boat watch. The screw is the small screw which connects the crown protector to the case. I'm really struggling to find this part, anyone have any ideas where I can purchase one of these? I'm based in North Queensland.

Thanks in advance
    Name:  180516_thatscrew.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  51.0 KB

That screw?

Yes, ususally the original manufacturers are the best place to go to when you look for very specific parts like that one.

If that's no option and you simply look for something to re-attach the crown cover, try a shop that sells model cars, planes and boats and such. They won't have the exact part, but maybe some nut and bolt in the right length and diameter.

Yes that's the screw. I've spoken to a U boat distributor yesterday and they have said they have them in stock. The part is $70 and they can ship it up to me. I just thought I'd ask if anywhere else may have stocked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    The part is $70
    Not bad for a screw. Same price as a no-name automatic with Miyota 8215 movement and sapphire crystal..
    Stirling Moss likes this.