WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Help with spring bar

557 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Tsujigiri 
#1 ·
My watch band popped for the second time yesterday on my Amphibian (this time the watch hit the floor!). Both times it was the same spring bar at the clasp. I really like the band (I know most people do not like Vostok bracelets), but I think I need to find better spring bars. Any recommendations?

#5 ·
I also have an Amphibian with a bracelet and I also agree that the later ones are quite good (for the price).

Mine is like a Jubilee bracelet design.

Looking at mine it is likely that the spring bar is the one on the ...hmmm don't know the technical terms here... buckle? end that attaches to the 12 oclock.

Check to see that the buckle ears are not splayed. If they are straight then I'd say the springbar is faulty and should be replaced.

I'd suggest you just got a bad spring bar.

#6 ·
Could be just that the springbar you are using is simply too short. If it has the needed length it would help if you could tell us how it failed. I don't like 1.2mm springbars and typically replace all of mine using 1.8mm units. I doubt this will cure your failure unless what you are seeing it the springbar actually folding so it can't be used again. If it is simply flexing you will likely just need something longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.