Help with a Timex
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Charlie Music Fan

Thread: Help with a Timex

Help with a Timex

I have a Timex classic round watch, like this: http://img-2011-12.tapatalk.com/d/12...l/mume2emu.jpg

While I was replacing the battery, something happened to the seconds hand, which made it spin about halfway around the face and back when I moved the watch around.

I took it in to a jeweler to get it repaired, and they said they couldn't, so they just removed the seconds hand and gave it back to me, saying it was all fine.

Well now, there is no seconds hand, but the watch still makes a ticking sound when it is on. The only problem is, the hour and minute hands don't move anymore. If I try and set the time by using the winder, they move. If I enable the watch by clicking the winder in, they don't budge.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Help with a Timex

Quote Originally Posted by lucaslower View Post
    I have a Timex classic round watch, like this: http://img-2011-12.tapatalk.com/d/12...l/mume2emu.jpg

While I was replacing the battery, something happened to the seconds hand, which made it spin about halfway around the face and back when I moved the watch around.

I took it in to a jeweler to get it repaired, and they said they couldn't, so they just removed the seconds hand and gave it back to me, saying it was all fine.

Well now, there is no seconds hand, but the watch still makes a ticking sound when it is on. The only problem is, the hour and minute hands don't move anymore. If I try and set the time by using the winder, they move. If I enable the watch by clicking the winder in, they don't budge.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!
    Yea, get rid of the jeweler and find a watchmaker .....
    "Some day I'm going to buy a real wristwatch"

"When I only had one watch I always knew what time it was, but now I'm no longer sure"

Timex watches are so inexpensive you should probably just replace it. Taking it to a watchmaker could cost you 3 or 4 times, or more, what a new one will cost.
    DaveTOG likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Music Fan View Post
    Timex watches are so inexpensive you should probably just replace it. Taking it to a watchmaker could cost you 3 or 4 times, or more, what a new one will cost.
    +1
    Time is relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Music Fan View Post
    I was on the fence about this, because I wasn't sure if an inexpensive fix was possible. They are inexpensive watches like you said, so a replacement probably would serve me best. Thanks for the advice!

I was on the fence about this, because I wasn't sure if an inexpensive fix was possible. They are inexpensive watches like you said, so a replacement probably would serve me best. Thanks for the advice!
    Yeah sure... buy another Timex. They're dirt cheap and disposable to most folks.

But as someone above also said - find another watch repair guy. Giving back a watch without the second hands and saying it's "all fine" - is pretty much unacceptable. I do hope you didn't pay for that guy's "service".

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!
    How did you find this guy and how in the world is he still in business? O.o

Thread Information