Help! Unable to deicide which Tag Heuer to get.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Uhrentraeger

Thread: Help! Unable to deicide which Tag Heuer to get.

Help! Unable to deicide which Tag Heuer to get.

It's time to get a new watch and I love the new Carrera Calibre 5 watches from Tag Heuer. But I can't decide which one to get. I will be wearing this everyday to work ( I work in an office ) and at weekend when out and about.

I know the leather skins do not last long and leather strap watches are supposed to be worn with suits but the durability and knowing if it rains I have no issues with the steel bracelet is also appealing.... but the brown leather strap looks very nice..

Any thoughts?.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Help! Unable to deicide which Tag Heuer to get.

Quote Originally Posted by sand133 View Post
    It's time to get a new watch and I love the new Carrera Calibre 5 watches from Tag Heuer. But I can't decide which one to get. I will be wearing this everyday to work ( I work in an office ) and at weekend when out and about.

I know the leather skins do not last long and leather strap watches are supposed to be worn with suits but the durability and knowing if it rains I have no issues with the steel bracelet is also appealing.... but the brown leather strap looks very nice..

Any thoughts?.
    Buy the steel version and swap the steel bracelet for the leather version. You can still come back to the bracelet if the leather stratp does not serve you well.

Regarding suits (http://www.styleforum.net/): A brown strap requires brown shoes and a black strap require black shoes. Shoe color comes first, however.

It is not clear to me why you wouldn't want to wear the steel bracelet with a suit except for the very most of formal occasions.

Edit: Steel bracelet and suit is fully acceptable as long as the watch size corresponds to your writs size (a 45mm watch on a steel bracelet with a suit looks out of place for most people if you are not Hercules; I doubt Hercules would wear a suit though).
    Last edited by Uhrentraeger; July 19th, 2015 at 12:02.
    slcbbrown likes this.

If you like the one on strap, get the one on strap. Strap can easily be change at a very reasonable cost. If you like you can even custom order croc straps which had been specially treated for better water resistance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you are ever going to want the bracelet, get it now. You can always get a strap, but the easiest/cheapest way to get the bracelet is on the watch when new. This also affords you a wider array of straps from which to choose.

I have the twin time anthracite on bracelet. The anthracite is unique and the bracelet is quite nice. My .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been in love with the white dial with brown alligator strap Carrera for a long time. I think it's a great looking combo, but if I were buying a 7 day a week watch I would get the anthracite dial on a bracelet and get an aftermarket Tag Heuer-style strap and clasp to switch out.
    Last edited by Bangkok Hound; July 19th, 2015 at 15:30.

Thanks guys for all your comments, I think I will go for the anthracite dial

Thread Information