Help! Watch for my Girlfriend :-)
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Help! Watch for my Girlfriend :-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help! Watch for my Girlfriend :-)

Hey guys (and girls offcourse )!

I'm pretty new to this forum but I need some help!

My girlfiend turns 30 next summer and I want to get her a watch that represent her personality. She just got promoted a couple of months ago so the watch represent her promotion and turns 30.

She is a very tough and strong lady. Kind of have to be cause she bosses over 35 people and controls the reparation department of a cellphone workshop. She also has customer contact. She's kind of a controlfreak and have lists for EVERYTHING.
    BUT when she gets home she's the sweetest girl you could ever dream of. She's very beautiful and has a little more than shoulder long blond hair. She is a many faces person. Is she happy it really shows and if she's angry it definetly shows . People usually feel respect towards her. No one sits on her, if someone tries she will drive them over.

With all this in mind I feel towards a Breitling or maby o Rolex cause she likes Rolex.

My budget will be 1500$ -2200$.

Can you help me? :-D

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Re: Help! Watch for my Girlfriend :-)

Do you know your prices??
    There isnot a Rolex available for 2000USD, even secondhand will be tough! I think even Breitlings are expensive.

Maybe a Longines?

Name:  longines-primaluna-white-mother-of-pearl-dial-stainless-steel-ladies-watch-l81104876-6.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  9.9 KB
    Maybe a Nomos Tangente 33mm??
    Name:  tangente_33_front.png
Views: 336
Size:  47.7 KB
    There are some 2000-2500USD Cartier watches on jomashop:
    Cartier Tank Solo Steel Small Ladies Watch W5200005

Name:  cartier-tank-solo-steel-small-ladies-watch-w5200005-5.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  18.5 KB
    Cartier Miss Pasha Ladies Watch W3140025

Name:  cartier-miss-pasha-ladies-watch-w3140025-16.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  5.4 KB

Yeah Cartier will do, get you respect because she is a 30+ppl teamleader, is an elegant and a recognized brand!!
    #14 and D10S Forever. Grącies and R.I.P Johan.

Are you sure you really like her?
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

You can find a used Rolex Oyster Date Precision at that price but I have a feeling she is the kind of girl who wants new. Like MisterHo suggested, Cartier is probably the best choice or maybe you can look into Chopard.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by RangerUp; July 10th, 2014 at 14:03.

Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post
    Are you sure you really like her?
    Haha even If he is married, couples do split. My wife can keep her AP& Rolex if we split!!

OP can get a fine "ChinaTown" Rolex replika and check if she really loves HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sviu View Post
    Hey guys (and girls offcourse )!

I'm pretty new to this forum but I need some help!

My girlfiend turns 30 next summer and I want to get her a watch that represent her personality. She just got promoted a couple of months ago so the watch represent her promotion and turns 30.

She is a very tough and strong lady. Kind of have to be cause she bosses over 35 people and controls the reparation department of a cellphone workshop. She also has customer contact. She's kind of a controlfreak and have lists for EVERYTHING.
    BUT when she gets home she's the sweetest girl you could ever dream of. She's very beautiful and has a little more than shoulder long blond hair. She is a many faces person. Is she happy it really shows and if she's angry it definetly shows . People usually feel respect towards her. No one sits on her, if someone tries she will drive them over.

With all this in mind I feel towards a Breitling or maby o Rolex cause she likes Rolex.

My budget will be 1500$ -2200$.

Can you help me? :-D
    If she wants a watch that can go either masculine or feminine, consider a Cartier Santos, which can sometimes be had used (in quartz) for your budget. Cartier has the brand value if she wants to project that image. The Santos is a little more unique than the Tank models, which have been interpreted by every brand in the business at one time or another.

But if whe wants to get in touch with her feminine side, I still think the nicest ladies watches on the market at anything like this price point are (and were) made by Ebel. They are expensive at retail, not that you can find them at retail easily in the U.S. (Europe is another matter). But since you are in the U.S. (which I sense may not be the case from your writing, but just in case...), find the nearest Movado Company Store, where you will find Ebel watches for women in abundance at your price point. Ebel was the first company to master the art of setting diamonds in stainless steel cases, and the diamonds they use are all extremely good jewelry-grade stones--far better than one would get from similarly priced (considering the discounts Ebel watches get at the Movado stores) fashion brands like Michele. They also have production standards that are among the best in the business, and are justifiably known for super-comfortable bracelets.

My wife just purchased an Ebel Sport like this one:

Name:  1215987w_550x748.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  25.8 KB
    (Note: Ebel's pictures of watches don't do them justice--I wish they would hire a proper photographer.)

This watch has a semi-masculine sport-watch look if that's what she wants. But Ebel also has less sporty offerings like this Beluga (of which there are many types):

Name:  1215855w_550x748.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  23.4 KB
    And many others. They are also available without diamonds, and in two-tone versions. (They also have solid gold versions, but not at your price point even with their best discounts.) My wife owns many of them, and they are all exquisite.

Advice from me: Do not buy her a mechanical watch unless she is into mechanical watches. At this price point, your options for mechanical watches of real quality will be few, though the Longines pictured previously is an option. Frankly, my wife didn't like the looks of that Longines--she thought it was clunky. Likewise slightly less expensive Hamiltons. But then she's been spoiled by the elegance of her Ebel collection. (She ended up buying a Zenith on that trip to Switzerland, and at about twice your budget is where mechanical ladies watches start to get interesting.)

(Ebel is owned by Movado, and is their premiere brand. The Ebel company of old has a rich tradition and history, though that has faded recently for gents watches. Not so for ladies watches.)

Rick "whose wife has good taste" Denney
    Last edited by Rdenney; July 10th, 2014 at 14:32.
    Zenith: Captain Chronograph 03.2110.400*; Cartier: Santos 100 XL Concord: Mariner, C1 Big-Date, C1 v.2 Chronograph; Ebel: Chronosport 1134901, Tekton 9137L83*, Type E 9137C41* (*=COSC)
    Ebel: 1911 BTR 9137L73* and 9139L71*, 1911 1120L41*, 1911 Senior 9080241, Brasilias 9120M41 (2), Aquatica 500 9120K61, Classic Hexagon GMT 9301F61, Classic 100 LE 9120R41; Baume & Mercier: Capeland World-Timer
    Heuer: Carrera 1964 Re-Edition CS3110; Maurice Lacroix: Masterpiece MP6439; "Seagull": 1963 Reissue cal. ST19; Seiko: Black Monster SRP307; Poljot: Sturmanskie cal. 3133; Tissot: T-Touch Lew and Huey: Acciona
    Vintage: JLC: ref. 2953, ca. 1946; Longines: Flagship cal 285; Zodiac: SST cal. 86, Aerospace GMT cal. 72; Favre-Leuba: cal. 253; Tianjin: Dong Feng cal. ST5; Elgin: Gr. 152 (1898), Gr. 384 (1919); Ebel: ca. 1962 ref. 9214955
    WUS: ST5 Project Watches (Black and Blue), F72.2014.DG3804 (Gray and Cream); Swatch: Sistem 51 Blue; TNT: Rattrapante cal. Rochat 7750+RAT-1

Wow since the Dutch were defeated yesterday, Iam really doing nothing than lurking here!!!

My search at Jomashop(I have no connections whatsoever with JS):Luxury Ladies watches $1000-$3000

Products in .$1000 - $3000,.Luxury Watches,.Ladies on Jomashop

Yeah Rick D.
    Ebel an often overlooked brand. My wife always wanted an Ebel in her early years.

But I think Cartier is the Best way for OP. A wellknown Luxury Brand, oozes money, power and some sexiness(well since seeing Mikey Lacroix`s Calibre de Cartier Diver pics)

Didnt know hairlenght has to do something with watches! Wrist size is the key and what she thinks is acceptable. Take her shopping, sure it isnt a surprise, but its more satisfying for her. I'm glad I took mine shopping as I would haven picked a watch which was A; a quartz (not bad, but common) B; 1300 euros more expensive and she didnt like as much as her Longines only based on the fact what I was looking for was a Omega.

This is hers together with my SMP

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk
    *El Ocho 1* likes this.
    Present "collection";
    '07 Omega SMP 2254.50; Stowa Flieger Date no logo; Vostok Watches Kosmodrom WUS

Incomming;
    Helberg CH8 Bronze (eta middle 2015)

Additional thoughts:

Regarding color, a gold watch may set off the color of her hair. What color are her eyes? That would be a good color for the dial

Also, from a recent conversation with my Omega AD rep. He says that only a small fraction of women care about whether a watch is mechanical or quartz and usually prefer quartz as it is less of a hassle. That being said, I think you can get a new Omega Aqua Terra, DeVille or Constellation at an AD just under your $2100 budget.

Related to the observation above, I've noticed that ladies watches experience a steep drop when used - sometimes more than 50%. You can get a very gently owned stainless diamond Omega Ladies Constellation for under $1400.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information