help with watch questions

Thread: help with watch questions

Confused help with watch questions

Hey guys,

I'm new here. I have some questions I wanted to ask so I could get a good direction to look in for a watch. I want to get a watch I can use for flying. So I want a minimum of a chronograph. If prices aren't that different then I would get one with a flight computer, but I only really need the chonograph.

I really like non digital simple looking watches. I don't like bracelet bands. I don't want the day, month, moon phase, etc.

I settled on wanting a German watch, no batteries if possible. Do they make chronograph watchs without batteries?

So I want a chronograph (or flight computer watch if the price is similar) with a leather band, German, simple design remiscent of vintage watches, no digital displays, and a leather band. I want something of value for the money. I can spend about $120.00 tops, but would rather spend less if possible. Is this even possible?

I've seen Aeromtaic watches on Ebay and they look like what I want VISUALLY, but I know nothing about watches. What's a good brand for what I want? What's good deal, and what's a rip off?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. So would a point in the right direction for educating myself via a website or sites.

Thanks for your help! :thanks
    Dan

stuffler,mike

Re: help with watch questions

Hi Dan,

You can't get a non-battery-powered-made-in-Germany-aviator-chrono for about 120 USD. If you wan't an automatic chrono Made in Germany you have to consider at least to buy a chrono with a swiss heart (Valjoux 7750) which you can`t have for 120 bucks or less. What you may get is a germasian chrono (movement made in Asia or China). You may also read the Made in Germany Sticky on our German Watches Forum or try the "Search function" of our fora.
    Aeromatic watches are considered to belong to the category "Germasian". If this doesn't bother you go for one.
    If you want a less expensive handwounded chrono consider to buy a Seagull chrono with ST 19 movement but I don't know if youĺl fetch one for less 120 USD. Have a lokk at our Chinese Watches Forum for "Seagull".

Question Re: help with watch questions

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response. I'll check out your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Hi Dan,

You can't get a non-battery-powered-made-in-Germany-aviator-chrono for about 120 USD. If you wan't an automatic chrono Made in Germany you have to consider at least to buy a chrono with a swiss heart (Valjoux 7750) which you can`t have for 120 bucks or less.
    How much are non-battery-powered-made-in-Germany-aviator-chrono watches?
    Last edited by cecyt1300; March 16th, 2007 at 05:50. Reason: fixed typos

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Re: help with watch questions

Quote Originally Posted by cecyt1300 View Post
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response. I'll check out your suggestions.

How much are non-battery-powered-made-in-Germany-aviator-chrono watches?
    From 600 to 5000 Euro, from swiss movement to inhouse movement. Look for Archimede Flieger, Guinand, Chronosport, Hacher to start with. High end: Glashütte Original, Wempe.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; March 16th, 2007 at 07:38.

Thread Information