Helson Shark Mesh Bracelet
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By E8ArmyDiver

Thread: Helson Shark Mesh Bracelet

Helson Shark Mesh Bracelet

Hello all. This is my first shot at starting a thread.

I'm wanting to put a shark mesh bracelet on a Helson Shark Diver 40. I contacted Helson and they have their bracelet at $110.00

I been surfing the net and there are a ton others a bit less expensive and much more. Has anyone had a Helson mesh and are they worth the price? Can I find a comparable mesh for less?

Cheers!

Here lies the body of Mary McGee,

Died at the age of a hundred and three,
    For fifteen years, she kept her virginity…...Not a bad record for this vicinity.

Capt. Quint.

Re: Helson Shark Mesh Bracelet

I would assume you can find one of equal quality for less, but I've never looked for a mesh bracelet. I'm sure someone here has something better to say!

I had one, and it was pretty nice. Good quality Milanese mesh straps are quite expensive,

22mm mesh band, the Milanese mesh watch bracelet

http://www............com/pi1089327654.htm

so their price is not totally out of the ballpark. One possible reason to consider a third party strap is that you might be able to get one which fits your wrist properly, without having to use an extension piece.

Edit: It occurs to me that I bought the mesh strap together with my Skindiver, so it was only $50 more.
    Last edited by mleok; August 29th, 2014 at 03:42.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have one, dont know if its worth $110. It has a couuple of ends that can catch on clothes. Dont get me wrong, its good but I'd be betting you could pick up something of equal quality for less.

Name:  Unknown.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  274.1 KB
    Regards Cam

Greetings San Diego.I just got a Helson Mesh with my new SkinDiver but ended up NOT using it.It has flat links & a polished finish & was too blingy for my taste.I have several mesh bracelets,ALL from wJean(search mesh on Ebay).Easily adjustable,look killer & you can usually get them for $50.00-60.00...
    Last edited by E8ArmyDiver; August 29th, 2014 at 03:42.
    Bwana1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by E8ArmyDiver View Post
    Greetings San Diego.I just got a Helson Mesh with my new SkinDiver but ended up NOT using it.It has flat links & a polished finish & was too blingy for my taste.I have several mesh bracelets,ALL from wJean(search mesh on Ebay).Easily adjustable,look killer & you can usually get them for $50.00-60.00...
    Hey thanks for the input. I pulled the trigger on a wJean, should be here today. They do look like a good value and they are rated very well all over the net and here. Great wrist shots too! My nest Helson will definitely be a Skin Diver. How do you like it? Cheers

For fifteen years, she kept her virginity…...Not a bad record for this vicinity.

Capt. Quint.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    I had one, and it was pretty nice. Good quality Milanese mesh straps are quite expensive,

22mm mesh band, the Milanese mesh watch bracelet

http://www............com/pi1089327654.htm

so their price is not totally out of the ballpark. One possible reason to consider a third party strap is that you might be able to get one which fits your wrist properly, without having to use an extension piece.

Edit: It occurs to me that I bought the mesh strap together with my Skindiver, so it was only $50 more.
    I did receive a reply fro Helson on the matter. They basically said, if I find something less expensive then go for it. they went on to say that most mesh straps, including the ones they supply come from the same place. I went with a wJean. Should be here today or tomorrow. I'll post pics and opinion. Thank you for your input

Capt. Quint.

Quote Originally Posted by camb66 View Post
    I have one, dont know if its worth $110. It has a couuple of ends that can catch on clothes. Dont get me wrong, its good but I'd be betting you could pick up something of equal quality for less.

Name:  Unknown.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  274.1 KB
    Thanks for the input. wJean in on the way....Love the Skin Diver. That will be my next Helson :)

Capt. Quint.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    I did receive a reply fro Helson on the matter. They basically said, if I find something less expensive then go for it. they went on to say that most mesh straps, including the ones they supply come from the same place.
    That was very candid of them. Kudos to Helson for being so forthright.

Thread Information