Helson Stingray Ti

Thread: Helson Stingray Ti

Helson Stingray Ti

This is my latest arrival, the Helson Stingray in Ti. The specs from the site are:

Case: Brushed titanium case -Ø 47 mm - height 13.9 mm - length 56 mm - lug distance 24 mm.
    Crown: 10mm
    Sapphire crystal: 3.30 mm thick - inside AR coated.
    Water resistance: 500m
    Dial, hands coated with swiss SuperLuminova C3
    Strap: Comfortable 24 mm natural rubber Sharkfin with 22mm
    removable titanium buckle
    Movement: 25 Jewel ETA 2824-2 automatic
    Case back: titanium

The first thing that I noticed, of course after picking it up and feeling the lightness, was the nice finish. Finely brushed and almost shiny but not polished. The fit is great and to my surprise not only the lume pip in the bezel lines up but the crown screws down and the H on it is aligned to the case.

The crystal is slightly domed and surely feels solid. It is also crystal clear, meaning good optical quality. The dial is amazing, It is brushed vertically and changes color with the light. At time it looks grey and some other times almost bronze in color. The hands are silver frames but they are not polished, I guess they are brushed the same way as the case, they don't reflect the light much if at all.

The lugs are drilled through and the bars are screwing type, the head on one side and the thread on the other. So they won't come out by chance. This seems a watch that would be nice on a leather strap. I have some coming, so when I get them I will check them out.

The caseback is really nice, it has an engraving of a stingray.

The watch is one of those made to be worn, I mean it is well made and shaped and fits the wrist very well. it is a little long at 56mm but fortunately it falls within the edges of my wrist (8 1/4"). As you can see in the photos it literally hugs my wrist even with the zulu strap under it.

This is a great watch, light and solid. comfortable but large, I really like the large crown and the simple dial, the hands are also nice, proper shape and length. I think that Helson did a terrific job with this watch.

Here are a few pics, enjoy and excuse me for the dust specs.

Wrist shots

Case details

Lume shots

Re: Helson Stingray Ti

Nice looking watch. Only one problem though, now that you have experienced Ti it will be difficult to go back to the weight of a steel watch.

Congrats Carlo. That brushed gray dial looks amazing, and of course I'm a huge fan of ti.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Love it on the green NATO.

Helson has a lot of great-looking designs, and they always leave me impressed.

Looks awesome. I LOVE Ti watches.

I like that very much and was looking to purchase one of their sharks recently.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Thank you for the kind words guys. I certainly have a new appreciation for Helson and would not mind try another one of their divers. This reminds me of the Benthic actually and it is very similar in wear and sizes. Ti certainly is nice but I think some watches need to be steel. Variety is best in my opinion and anyway only a few companies made Ti watches and I like. This is a super watch for sure.

Beautiful. And you always have such great pictures!

Titanium is a nice change of pace. Congrats on your new Helson!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Thank you guys. I am happy with this but obviously hunting for the next one...

Thread Information