Helson Story...
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By jdc222
  • 3 Post By SectionEht
  • 2 Post By jdc222

Thread: Helson Story...

Banned

Helson Story...

So, my latest "must have" was a Helson Tortuga. It has been my daily search on WUS, in the Sale and Trade sections for the last few weeks. I spoke with a few members in regard to a trade or a sale but to no avail. Anyways, so I see a used one listed on Ebay and bid accordingly (up to $575.00) but do not win...very frustrating. I decided to email Helson directly, via the contact address on the website. My email basically asked if the Tortuga ever went on sale or if returned watches were ever discounted and re-sold. I received a prompt response from Peter, who asked me which of the watch models I was interested in. The Tortuga (with the full kit) is listed at $649 and is still available. I responded and told Peter that I wanted the Tortuga with the light blue face, numbers and the complete strap, bracelet and bezel collection. I also told Peter what my budget was, including s/h to Vancouver, Canada. To my surprise, I received a Paypal invoice from HWC, for the Toruga, light blue face/numbers and full kit...including shipping, for quite a bit less than retail!! I paid the invoice immediately and sent Peter a big fat THANK YOU email. He responded, along with a Fedex tracking number. Big props to Peter at Helson Watches for the excellent customer service and for making a "big kid" happy! I now await the arrival of my new watch...
    Last edited by jdc222; January 10th, 2013 at 10:09.
    jah likes this.

Re: Helson Story...

Congratulations on your Tortuga, very nice watch that is next on my "got to have" list.
    You'll have it on your wrist in a blink as Helson ships amazingly quickly.
    I'm glad to hear that you had a great experience with Peter and Helson Watches. I have a white dial Blackbeard (#9, the last one in stock) that Peter had given me access to and a great price on. I've had outstanding communications with Peter and he has consistently been a classy guy with an amazing customer oriented attitude.
    You can always earn more money, but you can't earn more time.

Helson Story...

Congrats on your new Helson! Peter is great to deal with. Regarding listing the specifics of your deal, I think it's bad form to post publicly the exact price Peter offered you since it will turn up in future searches. If you really want to show him appreciation, I would edit your post to say that he "took care of you" or something to that effect rather than posting the exact price. Just my opinion. Enjoy your new watch!
    LJUSMC, RedBarchettayyz and DR. NO like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Peter is great, no doubts about it. I personally own a Tortuga (light blue dial, no numbers) and a Turtle and I couldn't be any happier with them.
    Jaeger Lecoultre Master Grande Ultra Thin Date, Bucherer Edition
    Rolex
    Sea Dweller 4000, ref 116600 / Datejust, ref 116234 / Milgauss, ref 116400
    Longines Conquest Heritage 1954-2014 (#13 of 60)
    Grand Seiko SBGA011 / SBGV005
    Seiko SBBN015
    Sinn 140 A (#087 of 500)
    + others...

Banned

Got it!! Woohoo....Just as I had anticipated, a true beauty! Cant wait to wear it! Just have to decide which strap or bracelet to put on!
    Attached Images Attached Images

harrym71 and marlowe55 like this.

Thanks for sharing your great experience with Helson! That was a generous offer, but he made a believer and perhaps a repeat customer out of you, and garnered some good will with anyone who heard the story. Congrats on your new Helson!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information