Hemel Track HM2 Just Arrived! Pics! - Page 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hemel Track HM2 Just Arrived! Pics!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Hemel Track HM2 Just Arrived! Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Vioviv View Post
    That's a terrific looking field watch. Thank you for showing it to us!
    You should write a review after you've had it on for week or two. I'd definitely be interested in learning more about this brand.
    I'll try but it will probably not have the detail of some that I've seen on here.

Quote Originally Posted by kjf2017 View Post
    I'll try but it will probably not have the detail of some that I've seen on here.
    I think most folks prefer a brief review! Include a ton of pictures and WIS will be happy.

I think most folks prefer a brief review! Include a ton of pictures and WIS will be happy.
    Ok, here we go. First, I will try an not repeat what you can get here (Urban Gentry) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CTspIKBlus&t=180s and here (general Hemel review by Wornandwound) Hands-On with the Hemel 24 Field Watch-an Affordable Take on a Military Classic - Worn & Wound

So, I received this about 2 weeks ago, and I have been wearing it continuously, including washing the dishes, raking the yard, and even one funeral viewing (at which, I witnessed a curious Elks Lodge ritual, but that's another story). I work for myself from a home office, so its mostly been with casual clothes, and, over this period, I've never felt that it was incompatible with whatever I was wearing. Only time I ever took it off was when I exercised (to avoid sweating up the Zulu strap), showered, or slept.

PROS - I'm positively thrilled with this watch, often glancing over to admire the polished finish and elegant curves of the kettle shaped case. There is also a bead blasted version of this watch, but I vastly prefer this one, even though an argument could be made that the matte look of the bead blasted version is more suited to this watch's field/military look. This is the only watch I own with a domed crystal which is quite fun at certain angles. The dark dial with understated indices and crisp numerals is a pleasure to look at and is very legible. The railroad track around the outer edge of the dial provides a pleasant visual complement to the elegant sweep of the high beat Miyota 9015 movement. The khaki green strap is very sturdy, and an absolute delight, further establishing this watch's field/military bonafides. The crown is very sturdy and for the couple of times I've wound it felt quite smooth and robust. The coin edge unites the design of the case and the domed crystal very well.

SLIGHT CONS - One could say that unscrewing the crown requires a slight effort. The "automatic" at the bottom of the dial is so small to almost be illegible, which makes it a little pointless. I would either increase the size of the letters, or better, omit it altogether. Both the "Hemel" and "Automatic" appear to be ever so slightly shifted to the left, with the H in the former being closer to the 11 than the L is to the 1. This is also the case for the latter with the corresponding letters and numerals. It is a little high to fit under a snug dress shirt cuff.

CON - Compared to another watch I own with AR coated sapphire, I definitely see a lot more reflections in this, but nothing especially significant in terms of legibility.

Here are the specs from the maker.
    Movement: Miyota 9015 (automatic & manual wind, hacking second hand, 28,800 bph, 24 jewels, 42 hour power reserve, brass retainer)
    • Case: 316L Stainless Steel, polished
    • Case Width: 40 mm (42 mm w/crown)
    • Case Thickness: 13 mm (w/domed crystal)
    • Lug Width: 20 mm
    • Lug to Lug: 48 mm
    • Caseback: Screwdown, exhibition
    • Dial: Domed, matte black w/Superluminova C3
    • Front Crystal: Domed sapphire w/AR coating
    • Back crystal: Flat sapphire
    • Water Resistance: 100 meters
    • Crown: Signed, screw down
    • Straps: Heavy duty, one piece, nylon with metal grommets and signed buckle. Camo Green.

Name:  IMG_20180601_190203226.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  1.21 MBName:  IMG_20180601_190326872.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  2.03 MBName:  IMG_20180601_190453084.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  1.18 MBName:  IMG_20180601_191128200.jpg
Size:  1.48 MBName:  IMG_20180601_191213575.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  1.94 MBName:  IMG_20180601_191458618_LL.jpg
Size:  53.8 KBName:  IMG_20180601_191558939_LL.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  225.7 KBName:  IMG_20180601_191717220.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  941.9 KBName:  IMG_20180601_191753584.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  2.21 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by kjf2017; June 2nd, 2018 at 02:56.
    Vioviv likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Excellent review! Thanks! I’m on a field watch kick right now and this has been on my list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And fabulous pictures!

Thanks for posting about it. The first pic looked great, and I went to see it at LIW to read more. Their pic of it looked very lackluster. When I saw it here, it looked great. Funny, I was thinking about that the other day, that LIW's pics really do a dis-service to many of the watches they have for sale. From the pic on the site, I wouldn't have given this watch a second thought. The pics you took really show it off very well.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissArmyTenor View Post
    Thanks for posting about it. The first pic looked great, and I went to see it at LIW to read more. Their pic of it looked very lackluster. When I saw it here, it looked great. Funny, I was thinking about that the other day, that LIW's pics really do a dis-service to many of the watches they have for sale. From the pic on the site, I wouldn't have given this watch a second thought. The pics you took really show it off very well.
    LIW pics could def use some work. All very blah. I had totally slept on this watch after seeing it there and was only attracted to it after seeing the Urban Gentry video review. Watches are hard to photograph, especially this one with the highly polished case. That's why all of mine are from an angle and many taken in the afternoon outside when the angle of the light is low. Hope people enjoyed the props. The wheelbarrow with garden waste turned out to be a good background.

And fabulous pictures!

Thanks, it was a fun end of week project after a complicated work and personal few days.

Quote Originally Posted by kjf2017 View Post
    Thanks, it was a fun end of week project after a complicated work and personal few days.
    Yes but your work is much appreciated. I'm also interested in the Elks Lodge ritual, btw!

Put this on a Colareb strap to give it a different vibe ad be a little more comfortable with dead cow on human skin versus petroleum based nylon on said skin.Name:  IMG_20181003_134059808.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  1.92 MB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information