Hermes Authentication?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Perseus

Thread: Hermes Authentication?

Hermes Authentication?

I'm looking to buy a second-hand Hermes Arceau, but I have no idea to see whether it's authentic or not. Hermes doesn't provide any information regarding authentication/warranty cards, etc...

Any tips on how to to get it authenticated?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Inactive

Re: Hermes Authentication?

Buyer beware!
    Good luck.

Bring it to a boutique?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Maybe only buy one from a place willing to stake it's reputation on the watch's authenticity, like a certified pre-owned. I know tourneau, for example, does this a lot, but it may be a little difficult finding a place with this seemingly obscure fashion watch in stock. Probably better off just going brand new.

The sales people in a boutique are sales people, and couldn't care less about authenticating a watch. They'd know more about Hermes clothes and hand bags than horology.
    ..............Rolex
    Omega
    Breitling TAG Heuer
    Seiko Citizen G-Shock

If you think you found herpes I would see a doctor.
    Fordham-NY likes this.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    If you think you found herpes I would see a doctor.
    I think the original herpes comment has been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by wmp39 View Post
    I'm looking to buy a second-hand Hermes Arceau, but I have no idea to see whether it's authentic or not. Hermes doesn't provide any information regarding authentication/warranty cards, etc...

Any tips on how to to get it authenticated?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Hi. Hermes is not allowed to authenticate, but I will tell you that I bought several beautiful 1990s Hermes Medor and Kelly watches from a reputable eBay seller in Japan several years ago that still had original tags on them, with the cases, cards, etc. I went to Hermes on Madison Avenue and sat down with the head of the jewelry and watch department with my heart in my mouth and told her exactly how I got them--from eBay Japan, etc. and to find out if I was the biggest fool, or if I got wonderful deals. She told me that although they could not authenticate them due unfortunately to the huge market of fake Hermes goods, if I had them serviced, meaning a new battery an/or cleaning, when they popped the case they would know whether it was real or fake. If fake they would politely call me to pick my dreck up., otherwise they would go ahead with the work. As it turns out, they were all authentic, gorgeous, and the prices I paid were less than half of what a new one costs, and even less than what a replacement band would cost for them today, so I was beyond thrilled. I know that the Kelly's ARE faked, but I don't know about your model, however, thought I would chime in and give you my perspective.

Thread Information