Hi can anyone help ??

Thread: Hi can anyone help ??

Hi can anyone help ??

i have a watch a relative has given me that i could do with some help with ??
    it looks quite old and could do with a bit of info if anyone could help me it would be a apreciated.
    the stamps are
    u ( in the center of a crosshair sight type )
    t ( in what looks like a square but bottom of the square is wavey )
    A.G.R
    it also has quite a few numbers engraved on the inside of the case but are very very small would need magnifying glass to see them.
    thanks guys

Re: Hi can anyone help ??

925 usually stands for 92.5% of silver content in jewellery,might be the same with this watch..

Here's my take on the situation.
    It's a Swiss made movement, early 20th century - converted pocket watch I'd say. The case marks indicate a foreign made silver case assayed as Sterling by the London assay office in 1914. The dial looks like a 1910s type so probably the case and movement were put together at that time.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thanks guys i did not really think it was that old i have never owned a watch of this age is there a big market for these types of watches or is it best just keeping it in the family ? ( already made my mind up its staying in the collection ) am enjoying researching it and i have found out that that its a Arthur George Rendell is this a well known band in your opinion ?

AGR was an importer of Swiss watches in the early 20th century. Generally these types of watches are more interesting as family heirlooms and don't fetch high prices at auction.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thread Information