Hi and introduction
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Hi and introduction

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi and introduction

After some years, I'm back to collecting and enjoying watches again. My watches are no longer living in dark boxes.

I thought I'd just do a quick introduction: I'm a writer (though not about watches...at least not yet), and collect what catches my eyes. I dabble in classics, including Vacheron Constantin and Omega, Wittnauer and Lemania, but I also enjoy wearing watches that just are fun.

Now, when I see a movie I miss the plot because I'm focused on what's on the actor's wrists. On a plane a few weeks ago, I complimented the flight attendant on his Rolex. I'm not much fun to travel with anymore, though, because while everyone else wants to see a museum, I'm on a hunt for antique stores that might have unique watches. I don't want to take my watches in for service, only because I don't want to be without them. I bought a book on watch making and am actually reading it. I feel sad for friends who just use their phones to tell what time it is. I bought a travel watch box so that I can have a second watch to take with me on trips. (I guess this last recent change means that I'm really back into enjoying watches.)

And I wonder why doesn't everyone wear a wrist watch?

Bill
    woodsworth, rfortson and bacari like this.

Re: Hi and introduction

First off, welcome to the madness! It seems like you will fit in just fine here hah

Secondly, your taste in watches sound impeccable. Let's see some pictures of those babies. We're all waiting ;D

I asked a few of my watches if they wouldn't mind having their photos taken. These are the ones that raised their hands first, so to speak. Now I want to wear them all when I go out tomorrow!

Bill

Name:  IMG_1815.JPG
Views: 163
Size:  178.7 KB
    slccj, el_Fernando, DM71 and 3 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum, Bill. I'm curious as to what you write and how you go about it; feel free to elaborate. And yes, post pictures of your watches!
    Shearwater Research Teric --- Casio G-Shock Solar Frogman (GW-200Z) --- Citizen Promaster Titanium Aqualand (JV0051-60E) --- Seiko Prospex Solar Diver (SBDN003) --- Certina DS Action Diver Chronograph (C013.427.11.041.00) --- Rolex Submariner (114060) --- Grand Seiko Spring Drive Diver (SBGA229G) --- Tudor Hydronaut II (20030-93570) --- Longines Heritage Pocket Watch (L7.012.4.21.1)

Fun indeed! Nothing moreso than a Spaceview.
    rfortson and eschantra like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have some great watches!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

I write books for a living. Mostly quirky stuff like "Outwitting Squirrels" and "Boys and Their Toys: Understanding Men by Understanding Their Relations With Gadgets."

Today, because it's Halloween, I'm wearing a skeleton watch.

Bill

Name:  IMG_1816.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  288.2 KB

Welcome to the forum Bill. I'll have to read your book on outwitting squirrels because when it comes to a battle of wits between one and me the squirrel normally wins.

Welcome! Very nice skeleton watch for Halloween. Your collection is very nice and it has a distinct style to it. How many do you have in total?

Welcome to WUS and welcome back to watch collecting, Bill! Lovely pieces you show there, well done. See you around the forum...
    ~ Daniel ~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information